Good foods/bad foods — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good foods/bad foods

Options
sonshine
sonshine Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi Kirsten i have fibromyalgia, under active thyroid and diabetes(control by oral medication. Very low appettite. I wonder if you could advise me on what foods would help and those that i should say away from. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • KirstenNutritionAdvisor
    KirstenNutritionAdvisor Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
    Options
    Hello!! I'm so sorry for the delay. 

Ok so in order to help all three conditions you want to start eating regular meals this will help your body in many ways.

even if your not hungry try to still eat three meals a day, adding in two snacks on days where you do feel hungry is also fine.

you need to eat even when your not hungry and your body need the nutrients in food to fully function.

instead of thinking of things to avoid thing of all the things you can enjoy. 

Vegetables, lean meats, live yogurt, eggs, seeded and wholegrain breads or spelt bread.

a days eating could look like this 

over night oats 
    you mix 40g of oats 
    with a small pot of love yogurt 
    and a cup of frozen berries 
    And half grated apple 
    pop it in the fridge the night before and eat it in the morning it's delicious!!

lunch could be
    a lentil and vegetable soup
    really easy to make just pop veg, split red lentil in a pan and boil for 20-30 minutes blend half of the mixture then add it back to the other half and you have a chunky soup. 

Dinner could be a
    vegetabke stir fry with chicken or turkey or beef or tofu or cashews and served with noodles 

focus on eating a really natural diet 
    make as many meals as you can at home, sometimes this can seem daunting but often it works out far cheaper and easier once you get the hang of it. 

I often batch cook soups, stews, chillis, rissottos and freeze them in portions and take a portion out in the morning for dinner and leave it defrost in the fridge whilst I'm out. 

Hope this is helpful any other questions please ask away!! 

Brightness