went for my tribunal pip assessment today and failed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

went for my tribunal pip assessment today and failed

chelle76
chelle76 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I went for my tribunal pip assessment today and failed even though my health is deterating I've just passed my essa is it worth me asking for another or not

Comments

• middleone1
    middleone1 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Why have sick people like all of us have to go through all this assessments rubbish it's bad enough trying to live each day
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear this @chelle76, it sounds like the last thing you need on your plate at the moment. 

Perhaps @BenefitsTrainingCo can advise further on this?
  • chelle76
    chelle76 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If you have no award in payment there is no waiting time to submit a new claim

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • mentes
    mentes Community member Posts: 7 Listener
    Hi sorry to hear this I have my tribunal k  the 11th.. why or what did they fail you on ?
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Why have sick people like all of us have to go through all this assessments rubbish it's bad enough trying to live each day
    Yes why indeed, surely those who had the original indefinite award of the DLA for an ongoing illness or ailment and are never likely to improve should be exempt from having to keep re applying. Though my hubby was very lucky to come out with standard rate of care and mobility, managed to score enough points without having to appeal, although he did lose the higher rate of mobility i told him be grateful for what you got and dont ask for a reconsideration to get more as he could come out with nothing. He had a very nice assessor though which really does help, in fact its vital! Its all  gotten out of hand and very unpredictable now.Im dreading having to try and apply for the PIP . 
  • Judomandean
    Judomandean Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    They are doing their very best to make it darn near impossible to get the highest rates of the mobility and the care parts of the new PIP - They have reduced the walking distance to less than meters which is a SCANDAL :(

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.