Same as me — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Same as me

BrianC
BrianC Community member Posts: 16 Listener
Hi everyone I am once again asking if anybody has had or is living with the same condition as me.
I am unable to sit due to my buttocks being so bloody sore.
I am unable to lie down on my back because of my painful buttocks all I can do is lie on my side or stand up.
I still don't know what is causing this condition as it's not changed since Xmas last year.

Thank you for reading my post.

Brian. 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BrianC have doctors been able to give any suggestions? This sounds really difficult!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BrianC
    Hi all year they have refused to see me saying that it's exacerbation of my sciatica.
    I complained to PALS saying how can they tell if I've not been seen, also if this is the case I cannot live like this for the rest of my days I really am struggling they really need to do summat.
    I am sure that been in a wheelchair would be easier for me than this.
    I have an appt on 30/10/17 so fingers crossed.

Thank you for reading
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh that is terrible that you havent been seen, well done on taking it forward and demanding to be seen.  As you say, they cant diagnose you if you havent been examined.  Best of luck for your appointment, let us know how you get on.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BrianC
    I certainly will let you know I think it'll be a long drawn out affair but I ain't going anywhere.
    I would like to think that anyone reading this will learn from my experience and not take no for an answer.
    We are all different so 'one size fits all' doesn't work, if yur really struggling do something about it, A life on benefits is no life at all.

Thank you 
  • BrianC
    Hi Samsung, I finally had a consultation today which I think went quite well.
    I was seriously struggling whilst being examined and I believe the consultant was quite conserned and he got me an x-ray straight away and has arranged a CT scan within the next 4 weeks.
    If they get no information from the CT then it's off to have my spinal stimulator out and then I can have an MRI. 
    So all in all I am quite happy with the consultation, fingers crossed for a good result as at the moment I am not coping too well. 

Brian. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so glad to hear that your consultation went well, @BrianC!

I really hope you get the support and answers you need. Any time you'd like to talk about your experiences or how you're feeling, feel free to do so on the Online Community, and if we can be of any further assistance, just let us know.

I hope today is as comfortable as possible for you!
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Oh thank goodness you've been seen. Do keep going to gp to get help with pain.

I'm assuming when you mention  wheelchair you're not meaning you need one? If so you could borrow one from British Red Cross in meantime. But sounds like that's not an option. 

In terms of a life on benefits, yes aspects of it are quite **** but is can be a life and in my case it's a productive, mainly happy and worthwhile life despite the massive challenges.

But mainly, so please you are finally getting some help. How's it going? 

Brightness