Pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision

ally1983
ally1983 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi everyone, just wanted to update about my post a few days ago, I thought I would chance phoning to see if a decision had been made and was told a letter was posted on the 10th with the decision. I have been awarded standard rate for both daily living and mobility, just need to wait for my uc assessment decision, which should be by the1st of November

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update.
    I hope it was the award you wanted

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    ally1983 said:
    hi everyone, just wanted to update about my post a few days ago, I thought I would chance phoning to see if a decision had been made and was told a letter was posted on the 10th with the decision. I have been awarded standard rate for both daily living and mobility, just need to wait for my uc assessment decision, which should be by the1st of November
    Great news, may i ask what your medical condition was if its not to personal to ask that is?  Just trying to weigh up if its even worth me trying to apply, it seems they are making it harder and harder to get and then if you do DWP can actually try and take it away form you again according to what ive been reading or is this only if you had to appeal in the 1st place.  You must feel so relieved,  Good for you!  

• ally1983
    ally1983 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    @sue66 thank you, I have chronic back pain, sciatica, carpel tunnel syndrome, depression and anxiety. I wasn't awarded anything for my depression tho as the lady said I dealt with my assessment well 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2017
    @sue66

It's always worth applying for PIP if you think you meet the criteria.  If you win a tribunal appeal the DWP can say they want to appeal and ask judge for a statement of reasons for the tribunal's decision.  However, in practice it is rare for DWP to have grounds for appeal as they can only do so because of an error of law which judges rarely make.

In May this year a tribunal awarded me enhanced mobility and daily living, with no threat of appeal by DWP.

Scope, CAB, Disability Rights sites all have guides to applying for PIP.  Disability Rights guide has a draft diary.  Include a diary of at least seven days with your claim form and list on it all the aids you use.  

Eligibility for PIP isn't about your diagnoses but how your ability or otherwise to undertake various daily living activities and to walk outside using pavements and kerbs.  Don't tick the walking distance 'it varies' box as gives assessors and DWP too much scope to fail you!  Tick a specific box.   Able to walk up to 20 meters aided = 12 points (enhanced); able to walk 20-50 meters aided = 10 points (standard); able to walk 20-50 meters unaided = 8 points (standard).  These are all distances before you have to stop and rest before continuing.

• sue66
    sue66 Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Hi Thanks Maltida, i really think i wont bother to apply as i havn't enough backing, im under no consultant , taking no meds, Got M.E. but no proof as was diagnosed years ago now.   

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Sue
    try taking the PIP self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

This will give you an insight to the requirements

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.