Hi, my name is suzy I suffer from fibromyalgia epilepsy COPD asthma and depression — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is suzy I suffer from fibromyalgia epilepsy COPD asthma and depression

suzyjbesidethesea
suzyjbesidethesea Community member Posts: 8 Listener
a little about me
i live in a seaside village in Lincolnshire I love reading writing poetry making new friends watching films animals and most importantly my family I’m a big cat lover I have 13 cats YES I said 13 lol I have 4 dogs and a bird I live with my dad we lost mum last year I’m still struggling to come to terms with losing her she was my best friend I’m very close to my dad even more so since losing mum I can be shy when I first meet new people and absolutely hate crowds and avoid them when I can I’m fun loving with a good sense of humour bluntly honest caring and a good listener I have a small close group of friends in my opinion it’s better then a lot of fake friends I’m hoping to make some new friends on here.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2017
    Hi @suzyjbesidethesea 

A very big welcome to you & your cats & dogs !!!!!

I bet the animals keeo you distracted away from your condition ???

I use pc's to keep me busy through out the day which works very very well.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @suzyjbesidethesea
    Welcome to the community! 13 cats?! Wow!!! Are they a certain breed or all different?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • suzyjbesidethesea
    Yep 13 it’s like a mad house when they all decide it’s play time lol no no certain breed just normal household cats there’s 3 pure black ones 5 pure white ones and the rest are black and white.
  • suzyjbesidethesea
    They definitely do steve51, yes their good to distract myself from pain I spend a lot of time either online chatting to people or watching films I write poetry as well I find it a good way of coping to write my feelings fears hopes a way to express myself.
  • steve51
    Hi @suzyjbesidethesea

I also like watching music videos and I find going to sleep with my headphones on helps me greatly !!!!!!

I think we need to have as many distractions as we can.

I also like to be away from the hussle & bussel off normal life !!!!!!

I'm not saying that I'm not normal "Well"

• suzyjbesidethesea
    Lol well that depends on your definition of normal I personally like to be a bit different I guess I have my own unique style. 
    I live really close to the sea it’s literally two roads away so I love to go up to the beach sit on a bench and just look out to the sea especially when there’s a thunderstorm over the sea it’s amazing when the lightening hits the water especially fork lightning might sound strange but I love it, I like listening to music I haven’t really got a favourite genre of music I like all music what about you? I’m my dad’s full time carer so I don’t get to go out much not that I mind I hate crowds in the summer when it’s busy I try to avoid the holidaymakers at all costs.
    i like playing on my PlayStation anything really to distract myself. I’m having a bad day today pains at a all time high feeling dizzy and sick think I’m coming down with something so I’m finding it especially hard to distract myself.
  • steve51
    edited December 2017
    Hi @suzyjbesidethesea 

Yes I don't think that I have ever been "Normal" definatly not in this liftime anyway !!!!!

That sounds like "Heaven" 

I had the pleasure off spending 3mnts having NHS treatment in Portsmouth a few years ago where I had the time off my life to be honest.

I had a 1hr treatment session each day mon-friday first thing in the mourning & the remainder off the day was mine !!!!!!!

Yes I had 2 bad nighs this week, it's my fault as I still think that I can carry out things as before !!!!!

The problem is I will pay big time every time !!!!!!

Never Mind !!!!!!!!!!
  • lottieonline
    lottieonline Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Hello, I’m Lottie nice to meet you.
  • suzyjbesidethesea
    I totally know what you mean I still think I can do everything I used to do like yourself I end up paying the price...  yes living at the seaside is the best I wouldn’t want to live in a big town or city again.
  • suzyjbesidethesea
    Hi Lottie nice to speak to you

Brightness