Home visit for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Home visit for PIP

John1961
John1961 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all name is John1961!  i have been on the sick since 2000 suffering from 
depression with anxiety and loads of other thing like ibs take loads of tablets every month for it BUT
a few months back i frond out i had brain damage After an MRI SCAN AT HOSPITAL  a few years back with sill damaged vessels in my head this  now lead to Sciatica WAS TOLD AT HOSPITAL ON 9TH OCT BUT THIS WAS NOT ADDED YO MY PIP FORM AS FOUND OUT AFTER FORM WAS SENT IN A FEW WEEKS AGO 
I GET  pins n needles running through my body arms hands legs butt feet and so on
i now have a home visit NEXT FRIDAY WITH A PIP ADVISER as was told by job centre to go to Advice works to get this sorted
i never asked for a home visit  but this information was not added what can i do 
just tell them when they come to see me

i suffer from SCIATICA
A Form of Arthritis doctor said

Common symptoms of sciatica include:
Lower back pain.
Buttock pain.
Leg pain.
Numbness.
Tingling.
Calf muscle weakness.
Foot and toe muscle weakness.
i get all of there pains in the **** 
plus up arms legs and hands

a bit of advice would be helpful please 

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @John1961,

Welcome to the community. Is it a PIP assessment you're having next Friday?

There's some excellent advice on a recent similar post here about home assessments.

You might also be interested in our dealing with pain category.

I hope it goes well next week, do let us know how you get on.
  • John1961
     hi Alex YES IT IS  a PIP assessment ON  next Friday? 20TH
    only got letter this morning  but found out i now suffer from Sciatica found out Monday after being at hospital with pains in my right arm 
    doctor checked my MRI Scan and told me a trapped nerve was THe cause and that i had SCIATICA SEE DOCTOR ON MONDAY HOPEFULLY SHE GIVE ME SOMETHING FOR IT 
    I AM WORRIED SICK ABOUT IT depression with anxiety
    Is going through the roof i am a worrier 
    thanks for replie  

• noracnorac
    noracnorac Community member Posts: 34 Connected
    John mines tomorrow I'm so scared just by listening to other people's experiences but just wanted to wish you all the best on Friday good luck......
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Assessors are not aliens and not everyone of them is a monster !

There are many excellent assessors but we seldom hear of successful claims on the forums. Best advice is to be yourself, make no special effort, you are not going on a date. Take your meds as you normally do. It is not a medical but a test of functionality and confirmation that your condition is in line with this.

There are many horror stories about bad assessments, there are many more good ones that that go through wth no problem 

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • noracnorac
    Thankyou CR for your good advice just wished I had someone for support in the room with me everywhere I look they say always have someone with you but the assessment was so quick everyone I contacted was busy just have to bite the bullet.....
  • CockneyRebel
    You will have the worlds leading expert on your condition with you.
     You might have an assessor that is compassionate and understanding. You may have an assessor that doesn't know about your condition or how it affects you, but is willing to listen and learn. You could get an assessor who is to stupid to understand and has to fake it to keep their job.
    None of that is in your control, but you do have the worlds leading expert, who is never wrong. Nobody knows you better. That expert is you.

CR  
  • noracnorac
    CR that was so nice I've read my copied pip form and know my condition inside out like you say I don't know what the assessor will be like but this time tomorrow it will be all over and I feel part of a community with scope so Thankyou...
  • noracnorac
    Hi, Just as promised had my pip assessment just one assessor she was here about forty five minutes .....so glad it's over but it wasn't as bad as I thought....kept calm and asked about next step she said a letter will come in four to six weeks...it's all up to them now....but I thank everyone for support and advice you got me through....
  • John1961
    well done noracnorac just hope i feel as confident as you tomorrow 
    and hope it went really  well for you good luck
    i am just a big worrier part of my condition  

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @noracnorac Your assessor may have seemed nice but the next step isn't to sit back and wait for the Decision to arrive in 4/6 weeks time. That's what assessor's want you to do so you don't get their report in time to use it if you want to do an MR. You can ring DWP in the next few working days to ask them to send you a copy of your assessor's report. It is wise to wait till you've seen this as well as your Decision before deciding what to do next. If it's an accurate account of what happened at your assessment please tell us as we hear very little about the good experiences and honest assessors. 
    @John1961 good luck for tomorrow.. 
  • noracnorac
    Thank you I've already asked for my report they said it should be here in ten days also made an appointment at doctors I'll need help getting there I want to know everything is in order with my medical records because I could only show the assessor the consultants records...it's hard to get an appointment with my doctor the earliest one is Oct.30th if I have any concerns I'll get a letter from her so I'll be ready if I have to go for mr and tribunal.......

• noracnorac
    John I wish you all the very best for tomorrow just remember you can do it.....always be on your guard I got a couple of trick questions....but it only lasted 45mins and that flew by......
  • John1961
    thanks for comment wildlife will do my best for tomorrow my sweet girlfriend will be here to support me will keep you all informed what happened 
    after my home PIP Assessment being good or bad BUT HOPE IT'S GOOD OBVIOUSLY  NEEDED MY GIRL TO HELP ME SPELL SOME WORDS HERE 
    OR USE SPELLCHECKER 
    thanks for all support here on this ISSUE EVERYONE AT SCOPE 
  • John1961
    MINE WAS 90 MINS LONG noracnorac WENT THROUGH MY PAST TILL PRESENT THEN TO PIP AFTER ALL THAT
    SHE DID TRY TO HIT ME WITH 
    A FEW TRICK QUESTIONS BUT GOT THERE IN THE END 
    SHE ASKED THE SAME QUESTIONS 3 OR 4 TIMES TRYING TO CATCHES ME OUT  BUT I ANCERED THEM ALL OH I HOPE
    SHE DID SAY I DID WELL? 
    JUST NEED TO WAIT N SEE IN 3 TO 6 WEEKS SHE SAID 
    BUT WAS VERY NICE MY GIRLFRIEND WAS GREAT SUPPORT 
  • noracnorac
    John it's over and you've done really well you must be proud apply for a copy of the assessment as soon as you can so you know what's been written and you can see if you need to go for mr.....sit back and relax now....
  • John1961
    thanks my friend and yes it's over thank god i will apply for a copy of the assessment as soon as i can in case of an appeal but i hope it went well 
    thanks noracnorac wish you well w on your Assessment outcome 2 
    so you 2 can sit back and relax now....
    all our best from Scotland with warm wishes 
    john n Vaughan my girlfriend IN PICTURE 

• noracnorac
    What a lovely place to live and a lovely girlfriend for support how can you go wrong I'm sure we both did our best so just wait for the outcome thanks for the best wishes bet you both sleep well tonight...l did after mine.....
  • noracnorac
    Hi ,I asked for a copy of my assessment and was told it would take ten days it's been fourteen days now should I just wait .....I would just like to see it to be ready for what's ahead....

• CockneyRebel
    It will do no harm to ask again

CR
  • noracnorac
    Thankyou I'm just wanting to know....

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.