Pip assesment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assesment

Options
mandy18a
mandy18a Community member Posts: 47 Listener
Been knocked back on pip arghh 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Mandy

Can you share what has happened ?
    Wgat help can we give you ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • minibelle71
    minibelle71 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    Options
    There is a fantastic website that membership costs £20 a year & was best money I’ve ever spent.  They have comprehensive guides on how to fill in forms, appeals, face to face medicals etc.  Its www.benefitsandwork.co.uk - first thing you will want is copy of your face to face assessment by Atos or Capita?  You’re allowed a copy & it will have the report from whoever assessed you.  Also call & lodge a mandatory consideration NOW.  You only have v short time to request it & get your appeal. 
    Gayle  xx
  • mandy18a
    Options
    They scored me 8 points she lied on it x
  • minibelle71
    Options
    Definitely APPEAL!! Did you have a witness or record interview? What u need for appeal is as MUCH evidence as possible hun.  From the website I’ve highly recommend to you? Appeals are 80-90% successful- I’ve got my ‘interim’ review right now.. first one even though my award is til 2018?  I’ll keep u posted if u like & tell you how I get on.  Currently max mobility & living allowance.   At this time I have no ‘evidence’ so it’s going to be rated on my form & probably another face to face.  Fortunately I have mine at home.  Please appeal because I think you have a very good chance of their decision being overturned x
    Gayle  xx
  • mandy18a
    Options
    Had a lady from p3 with me 
  • mandy18a
    Options
    How do you appeal
  • mandy18a
    Options
    When we got there she was having a gag at the gates 
  • mandy18a
    Options
  • minibelle71
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The fact you’ve got a witness is GREAT!!  First you need to lodge a Mandatory Consideration. You can do that over phone but recommend you put in writing.  Keep copies of ALL correspondence to them.  Things have been known to go ‘missing’.  The person u saw was having a cigarette  outside did you say?  Wow.  They watch you from the second you arrive.  The DWP will probably deny your mandatory consideration request (someone reviews your case to see if its wrong).  After that you lodge a formal appeal.  Information on that is in your PIP results letter.  

As for ‘how’ to appeal? Its quite a stressful process & designed to make you give up.  DONT GIVE UP!!  Please try the website I gave you earlier.  Just have a look at it - theres some info free & examples of how extensive their information packs are on each disability, whether its mental health ground or physical.  I can’t help you extensively because the info you need is far too much to post here?  I’d take up PAGES & be hours of typing!  Try the website but before you do that call & ask for the mandatory consideration as you only have weeks to do it & you can’t appeal if you miss the deadline.  I’ve heard the Citizens Advice Bureau are also very good with helping claiming/appealing x
    Gayle  xx
  • minibelle71
    edited October 2017
    Options
    PS.  Get a copy of the assessors report on you.  They can’t deny you & you get it free. You will see exactly what she wrote about you in each section.  Also when you post ANYTHING to them? Get proof of posting certificate from post office or better send everything recorded delivery too. 
    Gayle  xx
  • mandy18a
    Options
    Thank you even the lady  from p3 saw the nurse having a cigarette 
  • minibelle71
    Options
    Read this!!!  Perfect example..

its on bbc website xx

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41581060
    Gayle  xx
  • minibelle71
    Options
    Good luck Mandy!!  Feel free to ask me anything & if I can help I will xx
    Gayle  xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.