BBC report at PIP appeal won — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

BBC report at PIP appeal won

minibelle71
minibelle71 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
please have a look:

this gentleman secretly recorded his face to face interview & the results are astonishing.  Its a great article. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-41581060
Gayle  xx

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @minibelle71 Thanks for sharing this. i was out this morning taken to see a Nutritionist by my Hubby as I don't go out alone. Will try and watch this on Catchup. What a brave man and all credit to the judge for accepting the transcript of the recording as evidence. I am waiting for my MP to reply as he's checking my assessor's qualifications and also waiting for ICO to investigate my assessor's lies on my report. ICE also have my case but are so snowed under with complaints it will be August next year, that's from Feb. this year before they can look at it. Surely that alone says it all. The fight must go on, we can't let the assessor's continue to get away with this, it has to stop, end of...    
  • minibelle71
    Absolutely right & I’m very impressed you’ve gone the whole way.. because we’re vulnerable does not mean we’re stupid.  I’m up for ‘interim review’ even tho award is til 2018.. my issues have little evidence now because there is no more to be done..  I’m expecting a fight to be honest xx
    Gayle  xx
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Many people with long term conditions have little in the way of recent evidence as like yourself we are parked in the system
    You may have to fight your corner with older evidence but a new supporting letter from your GP will help.
    The key to a successful claim is understanding the points system, the descriptors and the criteria for an award. Failing to prepare is prepaing to fail.

Good luck and please ask if we can help in any way

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wildlife
    edited October 2017
    @CockneyRebel I was only worrying about my evidence this morning as I'm up for review in 2/3 years. My conditions are life long and nothing apart from what I can do to help myself will improve them. I'm 66 and if my BP is not too high and my annual blood test OK that's all the Doctor is bothered about. I've been discharged from the only Mental Health help available as I'm off the scale and out of their hands as they only help much lesser problems. Being diagnosed with Complex PTSD only verbally during a final assessment with IAPT with only a rather vague diagnosis in writing afterwards, then told there is no funding till others need similar help leaves me feeling very vulnerable. DWP would say I wasn't having treatment so therefore it can't be that bad. So physically and mentally I will be getting worse but seen as improving by my next review. My GP told me back when I was transferring from DLA to PIP that DWP had been instructed by the government to accept what claimants were telling them so that GP's didn't have to write so many letters. That was before I ever asked which didn't dare as I knew what she'd say. 
    @minibelle71 Thanks but as you can see from the above I cannot afford to let DWP use the report from last time for a future review and for IAS to produce another pack of lies about me. I'm hoping they'll know my name by them and be afraid to put a foot wrong. If not I'll have to tell my next assessor what happened to my last one before they even think about recording incorrect data about me..  
  • minibelle71
    edited October 2017
    Hi Cockney Rebel, 

they dont want anything over 2 years old now & I haven’t seen GP for over a year - but I know the points system & descriptors, how they work & what info they need.  I use a fantastic website that has an absolute wealth of info, very detailed inc appeals etc.  My problem will be ‘Evidence’ - My so called GP doesn’t know anything about me as our surgery has gone through major changes & rarely see same GP twice - so I’m worried but there is little I can do about it x
    Gayle  xx
  • wildlife
    @needhelp Don't worry as I really don't know. As far as I'm aware it's all done from scratch with a new form sent out to ask if there's any changes. If you write to DWP complaints it doesn't affect your benefit but I wrote last March and had no reply. Also you can only complain about DWP not the Assessment or your report as you'll just get referred back to ATOS. I made a complaint to ATOS last Feb. and 5 months later they wrote rejecting everything saying it was all done according to DWP guidelines. However you can then move the complaint to ICE the independent complaint's Examiner. They're snowed under but will get around to your case eventually. It won't help your current claim as it takes too long but will be done by any review.  
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    I don't have any recent evidence (apart from stuff from Audiology / ENT) and that was used against me - as evidence that my GP is a liar and I can drive! They wanted my certificate of visual impairment. I got that in 2007 and have moved 3 times since then and have no idea what I've done with it.
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Following as I need to learn & share with others any useful info too 
  • minibelle71
    I’m going to speak to my GP surgery receptionist today who has known me for 30 years & explain situation to see feasibility of getting letter.  Will keep you posted x
    Gayle  xx
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all,

In case anybody is considering recording their own assessment, please be aware that there are particular guidelines for doing so:

'The recording of consultations by providers is not currently part of the specification for PIP assessments. Claimants may use their own equipment to record their face-to-face consultation, should they wish to, subject to any reasonable conditions the Department chooses to impose on such recordings. These reasonable conditions are: 44 • The claimant must inform the provider in advance that they wish to record their consultation. This is to allow the provider to ensure the HP scheduled to carry out the consultation is willing to be recorded. If the HP is unwilling to be recorded, an alternative appointment should be made with an HP who is willing • The claimant must be able to provide a complete and accurate copy of the recording to the HP at the end of the consultation. Acceptable formats for such recordings are restricted to CD and audio cassette only. Mobile phones and laptops are not suitable mediums for recording consultations • The claimant must sign a form in which they agree that they will provide a copy of the recording and not use the recording for unlawful purposes.'

You can find out more information about this matter here, on pages 43 and 44.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.