tribunal success — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal success

Options
davet
davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
just back from my tribunal for PIP, and happy to say I was successful, my daily living component has been increased, to the enhanced rate, this was purely down to a mistake by my assessor, which was also missed on my reconsideration, even one of the tribunal,made the remark'how could they miss that' to another tribunal member, I have also been awarded standard mobility rate which is a little disappointing as I had full mobility with DLA, but overall very happy with this decision, I did however see on the notes of the tribunal decision that the DWP can actually appeal against their decision although I can find no evidence anywhere that they have actually done this in the past, although I did find the whole thing reasonable relaxed, I still felt that some of the questions were designed to catch me out, all that remains now is to see how quickly they increase my payments, after all they were very quick to reduce them

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It is becoming common for the DWP to request an SOR. They can only appeal a tribunal decision on an error of law, which is very rare

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear you have been successful @davet

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Barrylad1957
    Barrylad1957 Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Options
    Nice one, @davet, happy for you that it went your way
  • davet
    davet Community member Posts: 77 Courageous
    Options
    after my tribunal success, I rang the dwp to find out when the new rates would be implemented, and was pleasantly surprised to hear that backdated amounts were to be paid within the week, and my monthly payment would change at my next due date and sure enough, back payments were in my account approx one week after tribunal date, still waiting for my next monthly payment to see if that has been changed yet
  • Mia_Alumni
    Mia_Alumni Community member Posts: 31 Connected
    Options
    Hi @davet

Aah, what a relief this must be for you! 

Great news that the backdated payments were in your account so soon after the tribunal!

Also good to know that it was reasonably relaxed, I am glad you did not give up and you went all the way with it. :-)

All the best,

Mia
    Mia
    Helpline Information Officer
    Phone: 0808 800 3333
    Email: helpline@scope.org.uk

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.