Hi, my name is Maria! I need to buy a second hand hearing aids — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Maria! I need to buy a second hand hearing aids

Options
Maria2017
Maria2017 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2017 in Sensory impairments
I work like a taxi driver and I need something to eliminate the background noise! I have a medium hearing loss! I don't have money for a new one

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Maria and welcome

Can you get  a referral from your GP ?
    My GP refered me for a hearing test and that enabled me to get my aids on the NHS

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Maria2017
    Maria2017 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    It's not possible because he don't believe me,he think I'm normal...I had a hearing test at Boots and I checked my hearing also in Harley Street to a private clinique! I have neurosenzoriale hearing loss and I'm sure about it,I can proove with my hearing test...
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi @Maria2017, welcome to the community!

I would definitely advise going back to your GP with your evidence and explaining the situation further, or perhaps getting a second opinion with a different GP, to make sure your condition is being managed appropriately.

DisabledGear are one site who sell second hand mobility equipment, and you also might find what you need on eBay and by searching for Facebook groups: there are a couple where users connect to sell/swap mobility equipment. Hope this helps!

Brightness