Bad experience at PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bad experience at PIP assessment

Options
ohalloran
ohalloran Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
had to go through an awful tlne on frlday took ny ex husband who lost hls eye ln a bonb and suffers fron hlghblood pressure to a plps assesnent was shocklng for hln the way he was treated talk about feellng degraded l felt so sorry for hln what she put hln through he told her he dldnt feel well and she never even offered hln a drlnk of water what people have to go through ls awful

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello ohalloran and welcome

Unfortunately yours is a familiar tale on the forums. Give it a couple of days and you can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report. This will give an indication of the possible outcome. There is no point trying to second guess the outcome some bad assessment result in good awards and visa versa.

Please come back when you have the report and we will try and help if needed.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your experience, @ohalloran. I hope you and your husband are coping as well as possible. As CR says, do keep us updated and let us know if we can assist you in any way.
  • ohalloran
    ohalloran Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    thank you for thls but he ls stll sufferlng fron thls
  • yennah
    yennah Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    This will most likely to affect him for the rest of his life. It is always good to audio record meetings like this. Video recording too... Am glad you have been there to support..Many people do not seek advice before these meetings. There are many people who have absolutely no idea that they can even take somebody else. Please report to their manager... C.Q.C and Appeal . Some people end up going to tribunals... Take care of each other. This is a community, and we can help each other...
  • StuMuzz
    StuMuzz Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    I phoned and requested a copy and received my ESA medical assessment report in under a week.
    Took about 3 weeks and two phone calls to receive my PIP medical assessment report.
    Stuart.
  • StuMuzz
    StuMuzz Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    I phoned and requested a copy and received my ESA medical assessment report in under a week.
    Took about 3 weeks and two phone calls to receive my PIP medical assessment report.
    Stuart.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.