Feels like they are all against me - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feels like they are all against me

Options
2»

Comments

• StuMuzz
    StuMuzz Community member Posts: 18 Listener
    Options
    works psychologist i think is what i mean lol

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    My son was diagnosed with learning difficulties through the job centre in 2011 and it was accepted for PIP but things have changed since then and I'm not sure it would be now as the emphases is on Medical evidence for actual proof of conditions. I myself have a review in 2/3 years and am working towards things being proved that weren't accepted this time. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @wildlife and @StuMuzz

At tribunal I was awarded 12 points for being able to walk not more than 20 meters aided (before needing to stop and rest).  I never claimed any difficulties with planning a journey.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @Matilda, OK that actually says a lot about the criteria because even though you didn't claim any difficulty the journey descriptor would still have been looked at alongside your ability to drive by yourself and how often and what distance you were able to go. I know you were asked about this despite not saying you had a problem. 
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @StuMuzz Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the site refreshing. Can I just ask what browser you're using?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @wildlife.

Yes, that's interesting.  But I believe the tribunal doctor and judge also questioned me about my driving ability because the Atos assessor and the DWP DM both had claimed that, because I was able to drive myself, then I must also have enough strength to bathe and dress myself in a reasonable time period!  Which is nonsense as less complex leg and arm movements are required to drive an auto car than to bathe and dress.
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    A sat nav won't count because non-disabled people use them too.

The other aids you've listed won't count because they have nothing to do with planning and following a journey. It would only be things like an assistance dog, mobility cane or the Blind Square app.

Brightness