How long I will have to wait for the hearing? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long I will have to wait for the hearing?

Kimmargaret
Kimmargaret Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I applied for Pip in March this year, I attended a medical assessment and was refused Pip. When I read what the assessors report I honestly thought they had confused me with someone else? I requested a Mr and was again refused I have now asked for a tribunal, they have acknowledged this request. I am unsure as to how long I will have to wait for the hearing? Anyone know? I live in North Yorkshire if that makes any difference. Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Kimmargaret and welcome to the community.

Sorry, no idea how long it will take for the hearing, but wish you luck in your appeal.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• Kimmargaret
    Thank you. Geoark. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Kimmargaret

In London I had to wait five and a half months for my hearing which was in May.  I don't know about your area but I understand, unfortunately, that waits for hearings are getting longer because of the increase in the number of appeals.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Commonly tribunals are taking 3-6 months but as there are more people  requesting them the waiting period is getting longer.
    You can ring the clerk who might be able to give you some idea

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • clarabelle
    clarabelle Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    The dwp ate given a month to respond to hmcts, but often do not or take longer. 

You can ask the clerk for a date asap on hardship grounds. 
  • Kimmargaret
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I received acknowledgement of my request for a tribunal but I'm still confused about the whole process really coz they are still quoting me on things that I have never said. Thankfully I'm getting help and support from my local disability action group. 
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    It is not surprising really that they are quoting what is on an inaccurate report, as this is what they based their decision on. I doubt that there is anyone involved in this process who do not know how inaccurate they can be.

Good luck with your appeal.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.