steroid injections spine — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

steroid injections spine

Options
cathie
cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
hey everyone hope your good ,,i was wondering if any one under went spinal injections intended for nerve pain and damage  had around five now first one had all the knock out drugs  offered to me fact don t recall a lot of it   after few  hours tea and home  on a great deal of morphine at the time  pain was so much  didn,t take on board   the nerve screaming  rocking unable to cope was part of damage done whilst  under going this treatment two years on treatment to correct this  was taking place ..i thought  no pain killers as enable s you to feel when they hit some thing they should t  please take heed ,,, NOOOOOOOO... oh my god  anyway screaming nerves stopped  great but fluid doesn, t last long  few months later o.m.g the pain ,,,  in one room doc says ok think you have this think you had it a long time  couldn t sit stand walk  constant pain   taken three steps away  another doc another room  says to me think we may have damaged you   two different stories less than 1 min apart  oh well no  evidence have to let that one go ... take head folks  beside without pain s i only want to be fixed  so all these sentences of no way  you cant have more treatment went out the window three days later brave enough to  go again minus the pain  relive  OHHHCH   F ING WORDS   SWING ALL OVER but eighteen months or so  was great huge difference but slowly  wore off  different hosp and doctor same treatment but this time i. m being pulled up  like a puppet  by the nerves on my spinal cord two or three times  being controlled jolted violently   by my back   ,, said sorry  but never been same since  almost ten months now cant stand .sit bend move  unable to get an answer to what on earth took place never , felt ant thing like it .. as soon as i say anything about this  its like me my word become unseen by anyone  in the room agony worse than the reason i under went such dangerous  treatment nut can just abot  move now daily, getting worse  as said brushes over doctors head if mentioned , daily pain ,movement  sleep comfort  worse   any one know any thing about this   in constant cramps pain stiffness seize up drop contents from hand don.t know  till i see it no longer in my hand but on floor in front of me  any one   thx 
Only me .. cathie..

Comments

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    I was given steroid injections and fortunately didn't suffer as you have. They took a month or two to work then gave me some relief for 3 months but were never repeated. They are only given once or twice a year so would have to have lasted for longer. Apart from my daily medication it is the only thing that has helped.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • cathie
    Options
    To be honest they were so stick and sure they were adamant they were not willing to perform the second one after five mine of me telling them what my  everyday experiences  were I'd been re booked for three days  to have more injections  still didn't clock they damaged me in fact if I hadn't been told by a young very young doctor would never had know the much more experienced  one came with we belive you have   and you have had it a long time cover up o.m.g. only thought this happened  in movies 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your experience @cathie, it sounds like you were in a lot of discomfort.

Have you met @keith59? I can see from past discussions that Keith was potentially having spinal injections for his pain too! 
  • keith59
    keith59 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi Pippa
    No the spinal injections did not work in fact they've made it worse and on top of the my consultant has said there's no more they can do not even opperate even though I have multiple trapped nevers 
    Do just living in constant pain each day now not much of a life to live for...
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    That's awful to hear @keith, I'm so sorry. Are you receiving any support for your pain management?
  • keith59
    Options
    Only the same medicine I've been on for the past 18 years nothing new..
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    I'm sorry @keith59. Do you have any social support? If not, please know that we'll always be willing to listen if you ever want to talk about what you're going through.
  • keith59
    Options
    Thank you for the offer of help if it wasn't for my family think I would of taken an overdose by now not that I haven't tried in the past because of the pain
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    You're more than welcome @keith59, for what it's worth I'm glad you have your family by your side.
  • BrianC
    BrianC Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    Hi all, I. have seen my consultant today who mentioned injections.
    After a long reading your posts I am seriously considering not going the injection route. 
    Brian. 
  • Tellytubbies
    Tellytubbies Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    I.got.my.second.injection.in.november.they.told.me.that.the.steriod.goes.straight.into.the.bone.thats.why.they.dont.like.giving.to.many.of.them.my.next.route.after.this.one.is.morphine.i.dont.know.what.to.decide.after.this.injection.this.will.last.me.up.until.xmas.so.i.will.be.little.easier.but.you.still.have.to.be.careful.after.injection.though..just.take.steady.space.not.to.overdo.it.on.my.last.ijection.i.overdone.it
  • MandyFox
    MandyFox Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi Everyone, i feel so sad hearing of everyone's experiences as I thoroughly know what it is like to have such soul and body destroying pain, I remember once ringing 999 in the middle of the night, I couldn't go on any longer with the pain 24 hours a day, my friend visited and left in tears. My body was all twisted with the spinal damage and the pain and I was becoming incontinent due to spinal nerve damage. I shouted at the 999 operator that if "I was an animal you would put me out of my misery." I was so close to taking all my pain medication just for some respite from it all, but I am glad I didn't, my op partially helped but I was left with a lot of damage and ongoing chronic and acute pain. I had spinal blocks but they aggravated the condition and made it much worse. Then I found out they had used another patients x rays to treat me, he was a male who had had four operations, I was given spinal blocks based on his x rays and medical notes. Needless to say, I never repeated the treatment. x 

• cathie
    Options
    Wow I think maybe I should Not say things about my experience s but stays to prove they done no damage iv said from dat one not my xrays I been told I have top middle bottom spondilits since she fifteen not one those xrays I never .. sounds so unbelievable often say nothing but I know ... Wow shocking.
    Only me .. cathie..
  • cathie
    Options
    Can anyone add anything to what I'm feeling after last injection it's really quite worrying me find it blizzare not only do i have ..i call it electric shooting out if big toes .but base of spine feels like buckets of water being poured  down it every five mins or so used to get trickling water feeling  from my leg that a flap ..removal of chunks of skin in order to cover skin loss on badly dameded leg so scare on good leg  had fir years  a trickle of water on occasions  but this is a weird feeling have to  keep checking nothing has spilt on me ie maybe I sat on bottle of water or spilt from a pocket  very strange .. any one else ever had this experience..love to hear about it thanks 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • Tellytubbies
    Tellytubbies Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Options
    Did.you.have.injection.in.groin.for.hip.yes.it.s.funny.feelin.like.eletric.shock.having.my.second.one.on.monday.it.lasts.three.months.
  • cathie
    Options
    No I had them in my spine was for nerve damage in my leg had about five but last one I know something terribly wrong never had so much pain ... and due to pain lack of movement every move I make hurts like he'll never ever experienced this ...
    Only me .. cathie..
  • Dolphin5000
    Dolphin5000 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi to all,

I have had spinal injections and they do not work very well for me for perhaps about a week or 2 n that's it thing I need something different will have to wait n see till I go bk to the pain clinic n see what they say.

Not looking forwards to that lol cud don't know what the answer will be lol.

Dolphin5000.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @cathie - if you have concerns about your most recent injection, I would contact your GP. Scope cannot advise on medical issues, and a health professional involved in your care would be best placed to advise you here. Hope today is as comfortable as possible for you.
  • BrianC
    BrianC Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    Options
    Hi everyone sorry I've been away from the forum for so long but I've been struggling with depression etc and lost interest in everything.
    Well I'm back and my pain saga continues  
    I had a spinal injection right at the base of my spine between my butt cheeks (omg it hurt loads)  Unfortunately it was unsuccessful so the next move is to have another spinal stimulator fitted, maybe if it works I'll be able to sit with my family and join in the fun instead of having to go lie down on my bed.  Fingers crossed ? x

Brightness