Dyspraxia — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dyspraxia

Harp
Harp Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
edited October 2021 in Autism and neurodiversity
Hi

I want to know what others think.

Is Dyspraxia a Learning difficulty or a learning disability?

https://www.facebook.com/1Voice.Vision.of.the.heart/
Everyone has the right to have a say in what ever method they use

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I found this information from bild.org

In UK education services, the term ‘learning difficulty’ includes children and young people who have ‘specific learning difficulties’, for example dyslexia, but who do not have a significant general impairment of intelligence. The Special Educational Needs codes also use the terms ‘moderate learning difficulty’, ‘severe learning difficulty’ and ‘profound multiple learning difficulty’, which relate to general impairments in learning of different severity. These could be seen as interchangeable with the term ‘learning disability’ which is used in health and social care, and the groups of mild, moderate, severe and profound learning disabilities explained below.

In America the term ‘learning disability’ has a different meaning to that used in the UK. In the USA, learning disability is used to cover several specific learning disorders particularly in relation to reading, writing and maths, such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Harp
    Thank you. I asked a few people wbo have dyspraxia what they think. It is mix of answers even a new label.

What I think, a learning difficulty is an obstacle which can getnocer it.

Learning Disability is intellect which Dyspraxia is not.

I just starting the journey getting assess for Dyspraxia

• bendigedig
    bendigedig Community member Posts: 254 Pioneering
    @Harp

Hi,

I have an Aspergers diagnosis.  I also have a Dyslexia Diagnosis that cites that I probably have dyspraxia too.

Good luck with your leraning journey :)

let us know how you get on :)
  • Harp
    Thankou. I will keep you informed how I am going :)

• Dasiydo
    Dasiydo Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    I got Dyspraxia  was told it learn disability but really learn difficult so when do Crouse I have trick box for learn differences and tick box for learn disability but when apply for extra time for English and math write back say prove it at make me mad but Cannock College is now close
    V.shaw
  • Sanji
    Sanji Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Dyspraxia is a neurological disorder.its a development ordination disorder.it affects all areas of your life including learning disabilities.

Brightness