two new questions-I got my Pip enhance mobility and ordinary for living allowance- missed enhanc — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

two new questions-I got my Pip enhance mobility and ordinary for living allowance- missed enhanc

Options
rhinos
rhinos Community member Posts: 63 Connected
folks  some advice  please

I got my  Pip

enhance mobility

and  ordinary for living allowance- missed enhanced by one  point

My  interviewer did not pay attention to

1.I need reminding prompting to take meds

2. I need reminding to eat food and nutrition.

I can get my dr to write these  araes of  concern

saw a consultant  neurologist about 25 years back with memory probs

So shall I put in  for  mandatory consideration with my docs letter re  1 and  2- risks to great?

next question award runs  for three years which will take me  to  sixty five-  do they bring  65 year olds back for more  interview  assessment- or  is  it easier  somehow?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi
    Rock and a hard place with MR

You say your award runs for three years, have a look at your letter, when is the reveiw date ?
    Reveiws are normally held a year before the end date, would this then be before your 65th ?

Any PIP award is reveiwed no matter what your age

If you have enhanced mobility in payment when you pass 65 and you continue to meet the criteria you will continue to receive it. If your mobility is cut before you reach 65, in most cases it cannot be increased after 65  even if your needs change.
    The care element however, can be increased after the age of 65

So,
    1)  go to MR now which could take points away which would then mean going to tribunal
    2 ) accept what you have and prepare for next assessment

keep in mind the mobility element at 65

The decision is yours, but what ever you decide we will support and help any way we can

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • rhinos
    rhinos Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Options
    my  doc letter  would only mention my memory difficulties-additional evidence-not sure the new  decision manger -would take more points away

I was awarded no points for memory diff for prompts  for  medicines or  eating food

Brightness