had the dreaded letter this morning — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

had the dreaded letter this morning

mel106
mel106 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi we had the dreaded letter this morning they put my husband down to both low so we lose the car im so bloody angry upset right now he was on high mobility and middle care what the hell im ringing them tomorrow look at it again then prob appeal just more stress :(

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mel106

Welcome to our online community/site.

I'm very very sorry for your bad news today.

"Yes Yes" phone them first thing tomorrow.

Do you need any help/support ?????

Here is some info for you please let me know if you need a hand with it ??????

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/pip

Please please let me know if you need anymore help ??????

Thanks.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi mel and welcome

Have you asked for the assessment report ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    mel106,

So sorry to hear that you didn't get the result you needed.

Are you going to do a Mandatory Reconsideration?

This video is a good starting place:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sOsiEFo-Ck

We're here to support you with any questions you have.
  • rhinos
    rhinos Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    apparently in law  you have a year to do mandatory consideration-as told to me by PIP office!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @mel106

Don't despair.  After transfer DLA/PIP my award was reduced from DLA highest care and higher mobility to standard PIP both components.  At tribunal my award was increased to enhanced both components.

Assessors and DWP have an agenda to award as little PIP as possible whereas tribunals are impartial and only interested in the truth.
  • mel106
    hi thanks guys cud not sleep last night with worry i should get letter today then ill ring em and get them to look at it again x
  • mel106
    thanks that video is helpful 
  • mel106
    so when i ring i ask them to send me there report do i as id like to see wat points they given x
  • rhinos
    hi  Mel

gird  you lions so to speak--

for me this meant getting my docs letter £14 pounds  and a physiotherapist  report ( even if  you go to a brand new one) mine £80 my partners £37.

Let them  ( physio and  GP) know each area that PIP score on

then if possible get the  physio to comment on these aspects-also let  your  dr know the  areas PIP look for.

I let  my doc have my  own scoring for  each section-they then wrote to support this and  highlighted some  areas'

So yes you have to tutor your  GP and  Physio what it  is they need to write re all the  domain areas-which is a new task for a layperson

I get critized here for mentioning the  costs of  such medical evidence.

This is an argument that gets very stale.  I am just saying what has worked for me.

The above may help significantly at mandatory review.

It does mean you guys will have to do some leg work-and be  strategic.
    You have two months before you car pick up date-and this maybe time if you are quick to get your evidence to mandatory review-and the  decision over turned-and car still with yu.  Or if not in time  get another motability car when it all comes thro for you again

Dont get  down-get  active!

regards

Peter

• mel106
    thanks peter will do im fighting this x
  • rhinos
    promise you will get a dr report

and  if you partners has  physical disability
    you will get  a physiothreapist

yup it can cost  up to 60 or  £100 quid

but  just offset that against not getting  enhanced daily living and and enhanced mobility

so  dont get down

just get  angry and  fight it all the  way back

I cant stress the importance of paper evidence

If if when you ring them- you will let off steam- but  crucially ist the  further evidence  which is  critical

and  remeber

who ever you get to write  further evidence- lets them see the  score items and  sheet PIPs use

so they write their report and mirror what pips want info on?

tell me  you have got it?

to my shame  I have never lost an appeal for  friends and neighbours-as a consultant psych

so  won about 9

regards

Peter

• kevin888
    kevin888 Community member Posts: 52 Courageous
    Hi Mel
    Phone ASAP for the HP?????? report and they have to send it to you. Look at the probable lies on it and compose your reply to each activity in order saying why it is wrong, don't play down on the effects of the activities on daily life. Make sure you state the disabilities affect on all days the same as they try to make out you have good and bad days and mark you down on this. Send it back ASAP Recorded Delivery,and get CAB on your side as well, they are a great help. The Mandatory Reconsideration will probably say the same as the original decision as the decision makers at DWP are not Health Professionals. When you have the result of the Reconsideration then request an Appeal which can take a long time. I have been waiting nearly 6 months! If appeal is OK they have to backdate all money from the decision date.
    Don't give up as thats what DWP want, a lot of people to drop out.

• mel106
    hi guys well got the letter here we 4 points short to high for both been on phone waiting for a call back to speak to someone about the points then they will decide again few points he got 0 for which i think needs to be 1 or 2 lol....so hopefully they may come back say yes then no apeal all this worry stress over 4 points x
  • rhinos
    hi  Mel push your points up

with written evidence

this is the way to enhance  your points

I may be wrong -but  telephone calls go  no where

Get your mandatory  review going- then your letter to an  MP-

but get the  evidence for the mandatory  review-signed sealed delivered ( recorded post)

The price   for the  medical  evidence will be dilly squat compared to wining an enhanced award  in  both domains

Peter

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.