WE ARE NOT ALL PREDITORS AND SOME WOMEN NEED TO STOP SAYING SO — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

WE ARE NOT ALL PREDITORS AND SOME WOMEN NEED TO STOP SAYING SO

jamesthomm
jamesthomm Community member Posts: 8 Listener
No one is talking about unwelcomed physical actions..im talking flirting..THIS WILL BACK FIRE ON ALL WOMEN. I recall the fuss made about men offering lifts on motorway drives..i stopped ..and allowed them to stand in the **** wind and rain

Comments

• Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    I don't think the Scope forum is the place for this topic.
  • jamesthomm
    jamesthomm Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Really..why not..or do you believe if you are male and disabled you somehow is not tarred with thos outrageous brush
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi James,

This is a disability support community. I'm not sure who your post is targeted at or what exactly your post refers to - but it doesn't seem to be relevant to disability. If there is something that we can support you with, please let us know.

We want the community to be a safe and supportive place. Please take care to present your views tactfully and make sure your messages respect other users’ views and suggestions..

• cathie
    cathie Community member Posts: 143 Courageous
    What on earth is this where did this spring from  I agree wrong place wrong time of no relevance or  help to any one on this site sorry but you need to find a place to vent your issues  that  will give you answers maybe  help in all honesty  I for one was not only shocked by this but found it offensive and worring.that an angry  sounding man about women in a way of all the same  piped up from no where and sounded some thing off that vulunrable women like my self would have to read frankly don't wish for this sort of comment to take up space in my head. Sure a lot of women on here may feel The same . Not to undermine  issues that clearly upset u I'm sure there must be a site that you may get answers  to issues you feel strongly about sorry If comments offend  but honestly I found your  outburst offensive .    Good luck with finding a google  search for sites more suited to  your issues.. 
    Only me .. cathie..
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    I believe there is a discussion which could be had here, and one which could be of help to members. However I agree this is not the way to go about it. While flirting is often viewed as harmless, when it is unwanted it can be viewed as harrasment and can make the person feel vulnerable and unsafe.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness