PIP Report - lies, lies and damned lies!, — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Report - lies, lies and damned lies!,

blueeyes57
blueeyes57 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have today got my report (before any decision) as I requested it straight away.  I am absolutely gobsmacked (not something that happens often). There is a whole A 4 side detailing in minute description, an exam that didn't actually take place.  My son was witness I had NO exam and commented on this, she stated "I am finished".  I recorded it covertly as I had read, but didn't quite believe, that these things happen.  I feel there were so many fabrications in my report they should not be allowed to make a decision from it, do you know if I can ring on Monday and put in official complaint and request paper based decision ?  Also I was very suspicious of her being a nurse as she claimed, but today I actually checked on the nurses register and she is not listed under the name on the Report, can I ask for her Registration Number?  I would greatly appreciate some guidance ASAP as I am so incensed I will fight it, though if they are all like her, the fact I fight it will probably mean I am perfectly well and able despite over 20 letters to the contrary from hospital stating how my life is affected by my disease (of which only 2 were taken into account by her not sure why either!). Many thanks and sorry for the rant!

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi blueeyes and welcome

Feel free to rant away, yours is not an uncommon result

You can certainly ring and ask for a call back from a manager to discuss the problems you have with the report.

Your job at the moment is to show that you meet the criteria for an award, complaints about the assessor will not do this for you and should be dealt with as  a separate matter
    You don't say what, if any, points were awarded.
    It is more than likely that when you receive your decision letter that you will then need to request a mandatory reconsideration. You can submit any further supporting evidence, A GP letter dealing very specifically with your problems with the PIP descriptors is very useful. However be prepared to take your claim to the appeal tribunal.
    There is plenty of info on here about the process, please have a look around and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • blueeyes57
    Thanks a lot for your reply.  No points appear on the report, but on reading I reckon I will be awarded standard for both which is ok for daily living but incorrect for mobility, but I am prepared to challenge that and I realise most people have to go as far as tribunal. However, I don't feel they should use the report at all as a whole page was made up and I think this needs to be made known to them before they calculate the points,  I probably will contact them Monday if I can find the strength, but won't let it go unreported as it is such a blatant misuse of her professional integrity and of her position with ATOS not that they will care much about that! 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @blueeyes57

A "very very" big welcome to our family/community.

I'm very sorry to see you caugth up in this situation as many many members are in the same "SHIP"

I have provided you some very usefull info on "pip"

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/pip

https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/talk-about-pip-dla

"Please Please" let me know if I can help in anyway ???

Many thanks.
  • blueeyes57
    Many thanks I will have a good read over the weekend and let you know if I need further advice. I appreciate your trouble.
  • steve51
    Hi @blueeyes57

No probs it's my pleasure !!!!!

Please please let me know if I can help & support you further ??????
  • blueeyes57
    Will do thanks,
  • steve51
    Many Thanks !!!!!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.