Reasonable Adjustments at work — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reasonable Adjustments at work

Options
Alanh
Alanh Community member Posts: 9 Connected
I wonder if anyone else has had similiar problems at work. My employer has been supportive (manager), but since a Well Being officer has got involved I have been told what to do and have been offered to go part-time but obviously I could not pay all my bills. In relation to the usual shift pattern of 7/2.30, 2-9.30 and 9-7.30am. I have been told that after the phased return I would be expected to work such shifts, otherwise I would be letting the company down and my colleagues at work. Has anyone else had a similiar experience?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi again @Alanh!

Good to hear that your manager has been supportive, however it's appalling to think that you've been told you would be letting the company and your colleagues down by something you have no control over. Unfortunately, I'm sure you're not alone in experiencing this either.

As I'm sure you're already aware, employers have a duty to make reasonable adjustments. Is there anything else that you'd like to make them aware of going forwards?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.