Free car tax as a carer? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free car tax as a carer?

Options
2»

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That is fantastic, you need a break from full time caring and that can also be to your partners benefit, otherwise things can get strained. A little respite for you is a good way forward and should be viewed as part of your caring for your partner

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • peter1961sherwood
    peter1961sherwood Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
  • WILLIAMDEXTER2
    WILLIAMDEXTER2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I'm a full-time carer for my mum she have to rely on me to take her to places in the car can I get free road tax
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm a full-time carer for my mum she have to rely on me to take her to places in the car can I get free road tax

You posted on a thread that's more than 5 years old. You will not be able to claim from road tax for yourself. 

If your mum is receiving either high rate mobility DLA or Enhanced mobility PIP then she can claim free road tax. If she claims this then you can only use the vehicle for her purpose.

If she's receiving standard mobility PIP then she can claim 50% reduction in road tax.
    Full details here. https://www.gov.uk/financial-help-disabled/vehicles-and-transport

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness