False excersises — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

False excersises

lesleyb62
lesleyb62 Community member Posts: 15 Listener
I went to my pip assesment with my partner before it started I asked for a copy of the report ... I had a zip up coat on and a over body bag ,, after a week I got my descision of course refused .. I have athritis in my hands asthma and isumetic heart disease it effects everything I do and all though not as severe as some I have read I am still quite ill with it ... I couldn’t remember all my meds’ nanes so I gave him the in a small plastic bag that was in my over body bag , he wasn’t listening to anything I said and just typed away he listed one medication and said it wasn’t consistent with my condition ?? Isobipolol is a heart tablet ?? He says claim to have asthma and have pumps ? And I get drive ever where in a car because of my athritis ?? Which is in my hands ?? Then the excersize bit came it gues on and on about all these physical examinations like laying down and raising legs in the air ? Sliding my hands down my shins to touch my toes and putting both atms up my back and others oh and lifting my heavy bag from the floor ?? I was furious when my report came how can a supposed nurse lie so ?? Yes I know they get paid £40 per assesment I promptly contacted Atos via the site www.mypipassment.co.uk and out in a formal complaint and gave them the deadline to reply 8/11/17 I got it today 9/11/17 from a person called Annmarie locksley it goes and on about things but then stares 
out health professionals (HP) as they revere to them use observations and can tell these things just by watching but how can they watch something that didn’t happen ?? How can the observe me lifting my legs in the air if I didn’t do so they are either god or the better explanation is they assumed it’s a blatant missrepresentation of facts they have to sign a conduct of care if they are nurses but it seems the money to them ya more important than the people who they are taking money away from that genuinely need it !! I want an explanation as to how they can observe something that was t there and how they can come to the conclusion that’s what I can do if I wasn’t examined another thing was he never tested cardio and respiratory and those are two of my elements seems that he ya geeen around the ears I so y give up I hate liars and little fuss that thknkbtheu can okay with peoples life’s ...... in fact I think I may just start my own group the term equality act 2010 comes to mind .... furious at these cold robots with long pockets 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello lesley and welcome

Alas your story is all to common on the forums.

Have you requested a copy of the assessment report ?
    It is a separate thiing to the decision letter.

You only have one month from the date of the letter to request a mandatory reconsideration which you can do by phone or letter.

Complaints about the assessor are important but will not get you the award you deserve. You should first concentrate on showing how you meet the criteria for each descriptor.

There is plenty of info on here about MR's and appeals, Please have a look around and come back with any questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lesleyb62
    Hi cockney rebel 
    yeah i have applied for a mandatory reconsideration with doctors evidence etc , they say that they don’t  get reversed anyway , it makes me so angry that they can blatantly tell lies 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Revision rates at MR are not good. Officially they say 20% but reality is different. If you have to appeal to the tribunal the success rate is around 65%

Please ask any questions and we will do our best to help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @lesleyb62 There is an act called the Data Protection Act that assessor's are contravening day after day. Please spare a minute to check out the ICO website. The link "for the public" leads you to being able to "report a concern". The Data Protection Act states that all personal data recorded about any individual should be correct. I am fighting ICO at the moment to take on my case which wasn't as bad as yours. If they suddenly got snowed under with complaints there  would be a proper investigation. Also MR success depends on how you do it and how determined you are. Complaints do help but only as far as mentioning in your MR that you have complained but not going into detail. Also please tell your MP, mine is now helping me to check my assessor's qualifications and a false professional registration number. I also know of illegal practice amongst assessors that I can't talk about on a forum. You can make a Subject Access Request for all your benefit documents to ATOS/Capita who will supply their data and then pass it on to DWP for theirs. You'd be surprised what you might find as assessor's don't expect you to see certain forms ever again so think they can get away with wrong doing. It is difficult to do all this and try to increase your award but it needs sorting out. If only for redress i.e. to make you feel better. Please don't do your MR with the attitude you're bound to fail or you will. You can ring to speak to a Decision Maker anytime to ask if there's enough evidence and why is it not being used. Good Luck...   
  • lesleyb62
    Hi wildlife 
    thank you for your advice I am determined to succeed this time, I will follow what you said , apparently it is being investigated now by MPs , I feel sorry for all the ones that have lost it and you know they make you feel like you’re begging ?? Marking you down because your tidy ?? Oh well , 
    thanks for advice I will follow it
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @lesleyb62 I'm not sure if ICO will accept cases that haven't been through the relevant company's complaint's procedure but I'm hoping they will even just for statistical information about how many people are affected by this. Yes, I was described as well kempt. But again under the DP Act they can only record information that is needed for the purpose it's used for. So irrelevant comments like normal complexion and no excess sweating (more of my comments) should not be written on reports. Also such comments need to be annotated that they are only the assessor's point of view. They are surely against the human right's act as well. Especially if they're a negative comment. The informal observations section should be done away with as that's where they make up things you did that never happened. Disgusting...
  • lesleyb62
    To right I totally agree !! It’s my thinking the excersize shieet on my report stated that I can bend forward and slide my hands to my shins ?? How can the observe it if it wasn’t done these people make me so angry
  • lesleyb62
    I think all the observations that make are negative comments you come away feeling totally stripped of humanity 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.