PIP Stopping due to change in circumstances, when should payments end — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Stopping due to change in circumstances, when should payments end

333hilton
333hilton Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, was in receipt of PIP for my daughter (higher care/lower mobility). She has gradually improved enough for us to notify DWP in Feb 2017. They stopped all payments and finally has face to face interview in Sept. 17. Letter received today stating that PIP award ended 4 Nov 17, and they used this date as `we would not be expected to know the info they received would affect the award`. My question is should we now receive the PIP money from Feb 17 to 4 Nov? How do I chase up this money as it is almost £4000!!! 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

This is an unusual one

I think you need to get trained advice for this
    Either ring the scope help line or go to CAB

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • 333hilton
    Thanks for the reply CR. I will try on Monday. Thanks again.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Please do let us know how you get on, being unusual it will help my knowledge base
    Thanks

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @333hilton

A very very big welcome to you this evening.

Please please have a good look on our home page as we have got the email address & helpline number.

https://www.scope.org.uk/support

https://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/benefits/pip
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi 333hilton,

It is an unusual enquiry, and I would say you are entitled to the money from February to November. It sounds as though they suspended the payments when you phoned to save on an overpayment, but if the award is to end on the 4th November then that clearly tells me that the previous decision remains until the end date.
    As it is a high value payment it may be going to a supervisor to be checked before it is released, but the only way of finding out for sure is to give PIP a call on 0345 850 3322 and speaking to them. Good luck, and please let us know what happens.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

• 333hilton
    Hi All, spoke to PIP and quoted the letter I received and lady said as it is a large amount she would put me through to someone who could arrange the payment. Then a man spoke quite nastily to me and said I wasn`t entitled to it. When I told him what the letter said  he said it was wrong and he`d send another letter out which arrived today. They have changed the date the award ended back to February. Takes them 9 months to make a decision, then when payment is awarded takes 24 hours to remove it. I have put in a complaint as I feel the decision was already made and how can someone in payment office withdraw the award. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi 333hilton,

It really is very disappointing the way this has occurred and the way you have been spoken to. I hope they deal with your complaint seriously. If you believe she has improved to the extent that she doesn't score 8 points on either component it doesn't sound as though there is any money owing to her but the way it has been handled deserves a complaint.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.