personal abuse and insults — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

personal abuse and insults

rhinos
rhinos Community member Posts: 63 Connected

I have had to experience significant direct ,personally, abusive messages-and some group bullying-  Like to know how to get to the moderator to request help-any ideas?

no more abuse- veiled or otherwise- thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Scope have strct policies in these areas
    You can use the flag icon at the bottom of any post to notify the mods of any concern

Certainly bullying and abuse will not be tolerated at any time

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rhinos

As CR says, all discussions are moderated by Online Community administrators. To bring something to attention, just click the 'flag' button on the bottom left corner of the message you're referring to. 
  • Boychris
    Boychris Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Bullying and harassment take many forms in life whether it is direct face to face, online, in a classroom, workplace or in a public space. Children and young adults are in fact the worst culprits, one has to ask the question as to why this should be.
    i believe it all stems from how many of them are brought up these days, with parents both working, trying to make ends meet, little or if no time is actually sitting down and taking a more active interest in the child social upbringing, children spend more time online, and on mobile devices then ever before. so  I think that. they think bullying and harassment are accepted they are not taught right from wrong as the older generations were.
    I was once told when I was younger  and being constantly bullied at school, Bullies are actually cowards, frightened that you may be better than themselves, doing well at certain things, you are getting ahead of them, so they did not like it, so in hope you lashed out and stopped making yourself better they started the bullying and Harassment.
    There always is a ringleader if he or she was confronted then the bullying or Harassment would stop.
    In today's world of the Internet and Mobile, it is somewhat harder to stop, you could try and ignore it, or change your Mobile number, or change your email address. you can Bar numbers and messages on Mobile devices now, but through email little can be done unless you speak to your internet provider or the police.
    If it is directed to you say in your face you have many avenues to approach this from trying to ignore it, to taking legal action through the courts. if you are a council Tennant than you must approach the Council directly you will be asked to keep a full written record of the nature of the bullying or Harassment, the person or persons involved will be warned by the council and should it continue they will start legal proceedings, and could end up with an eviction and a antisocial behaviour order being made. But i must stree you must not retaliate or lash out because it could give you a crimminal record, and make matters worse than they are.       

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.