Pip assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessment

noracnorac
noracnorac Community member Posts: 34 Connected
hi I've received my assessment points a week after my assessment will the points on the assessment stand or will the dwp be able to alter them....still haven't received official letter just wondering...

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    The final decision is made by the DWP but normally they will go along with the recommendation of the report

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

Hi @noracnorac

CR is right - although the DWP decision-makers are not bound by the assessment scoring, it's pretty unusual for them not to go along with it, so if you disagree with the scoring then it's time to start thinking about whether you may wish to request a Mandatory Reconsideration.

Kind regards,

Mary

The Benefits Training Co:

• noracnorac
    Mary,happy with the points if the dwp go along with it...

• noracnorac
    Just wanted to let everyone who gave me good advice when I didn't have a clue l found out today I've been awarded enhanced in both living and motorbility for two years five months seems a short time before I have to go through all this again.....but I'm so happy...
  • CockneyRebel
    That is great news, thanks for letting us know with a positive post.
    Next time you will know what to expect, if there is a but it is that it is never to early to start to prepare for nexrt time

CR
  • noracnorac
    Thanks CR have a appointment with the consultant on Tuesday and in the meantime I've been put on more medication to help with the pain but all this happened after f2f....
  • CockneyRebel
    I hope everything goes well for you with the consultant and you find some relief.
    Even though this is after your f2f it is good for your next assessment.

Please keep in touch as your experiance will surly help others here

CR
  • noracnorac
    CR is it right that they review you a year before your expiry date just what I picked up reading the letter of course I'll let everyone know how I get on scope has helped me so much...
  • CockneyRebel
    Yes They do review a year before your expiry date. That review brings a new decision which will supercede your current award. That is why I say it is never to soon to start preparing

CR
  • noracnorac
    What type of things will I need prepare for new decision CR ....can't see an end to my condition was using cannabis oil under the tongue for pain relief....that's why I was put on more pain relief ...still sleeping on back propped up can't sleep any other way..scored sixteen points on both living and mobility .....
  • CockneyRebel
    Just keep your records of treatment etc up to date , nothing scary as this time
    If you can, keep a weekly diary from time to time. So next time you have a review you will have a record to show.
    At the moment there does not seem to be any plan for lifetime PIP awards, ongoing is the best which is 10 year.

None of my business but age plays a part in the mobility award, just something to be aware of wth an on going condition

CR
  • noracnorac
    Thanks I just want to be prepared for next time so I'm not so scared....but you're so right age is not on my side with my leg surgery...
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    noracnoracnoracnorac,

Fantastic news on your result, I'm so pleased. Regarding reviews of your award, they can happen at any time technically, but with a fixed term award the review normally happens a year before the end as CR confirms. Gathering evidence and keeping a diary are both useful things to do. The recent change to your pain relief treatment is very relevant as it shows that you're still having problems, as is the way you have to sleep.

Keep a record of everything, maybe consider requesting a copy of your medical records nearer the time (there is a charge for this). 

It's worth saying (just because this does happen from time to time) that some people with fixed term awards don't get reviewed by the DWP. In that case, be aware that you can make a renewal claim up to six months before your current award ends. It's a difficult one as you don't want to claim too early in case it isn't successful, but you also don't want your award to simply run out. However, I wouldn't worry about this as it is quite rare - mostly you get reviewed all too soon as we've described!

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• noracnorac
    Thanks for your kind words Will, I had already sent for my health records but they arrived after my assessment but I'm pleased I paid for them and got them for next time in case they are needed.....

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.