PIP Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal

wrighty1988
wrighty1988 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Had my PIP appeal today. Didn't get a decision. They said they would write to me in the post. 

Am concerned that this means that my appeal has been unsuccessful and they just didn't want to tell me face to face. Although now that I've written that, i realise how paranoid it sounds. 

I thought the appeal went as well as it could have and the half an hour slot turned in to an hour and fifteen minutes. 

Has anybody received written notification of an appeal outcome, rather than face to face, and been successful?

Comments

• clare_1
    clare_1 Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Hello
    They sent mine out in the post because I was to distressed on the day. 
    I was also thinking it was bad news but came through I won the case.
    This wasn't the end of it tho because  PIP sent a letter out to me explaining that they are asking for a statement of reason from the courts,as to how they came o the dission on the day.
    That can take 3 months to go through. In my case something has gone wrong and the judge didn't get paper work for a long time and I have waited over 3 months.
    If this happens the courts will send you a copy of the statement of reason and then pip has 1 month to reply with dission. 
    I really hope this don't happen to you beacusr I have seen a lot of people going through this.
    My fingers are crossed for you. Good luck

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2017
    It is becoming more common for the DWP to request an SOR
    If you receive notificaton that they are doing so it is worth checking with the tribunal clerk that they have received it.
    Even if they go down this route, they can still only appeal if an error of law can be found

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wrighty1988
    Thank you. That’s encouraging. I’m convinced that they will challenge the decision if I’m successful - they awarded me 0 points in total. But one fight at a time. Thanks again for your response. 
  • CockneyRebel
    When you receive the decision it is a good idea to ring DWP and check that they have also received it. They do have a habit of "mislaying " these

CR
  • clare_1
    I rang the courts and they told me the date the judge revived it and that was 3 months in. The courts told me I had to then wait a other 6 weeks for it to be wrote out.
    Had tribunal in May, SOR didn't get to judge for what ever reason untill 13th September and now I'm waiting to see if PIP going to take it to the next stage or not. Just over a week until the month time limit up.
    Yes that's right Wrighty, one step at a time. Good luck
  • wrighty1988
    The suspense is killing me. Think I’m going to call the court tomorrow morning. 
  • CockneyRebel
    You have nothing to lose, please let us know whatever happens
    I wish the best outcome for you

CR
  • wrighty1988
    I called them this morning and they have said that the letter has been sent out but they are unable to provide me any further information over the phone as they don't have access to it. We wait for the post to arrive either today or tomorrow. 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck @wrighty1988, I hope you get the outcome you're hoping for.
  • wrighty1988
    Can anyone advise what will be in the letter? It has arrived and I want to ask my mother in law to open it but I shared some embarrassing things in tribunal that I don’t want anyone else to know. 

Is it just a decision letter letter or does it contain more information? 
  • clare_1
    It will break down what points they have given you and what rates they think you should get, how long it will last for ect
  • wrighty1988
    Job done! Appeal allowed. Went from 0 points to 8 on daily living and 0 points to 8 on mobility. Awarded standard rate on both. so relieved. 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
  • clare_1
    So happy for you

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.