REALLY UPSET — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

REALLY UPSET

Options
Annabelle26
Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
I am really really upset.  I rang the DWP about my F2F report.  I spoke to a Decision Manager & I have been DISALLOWED PIP mainly based on the report.  My letter confirming this was sent out yesterday.  I just burst into tears.  I told him how upset I was & did say I might as well kill myself which got him a bit worried.  I am ok just really upset.  I had to eventually ring off because I could not breath.  He told me I need to wait for the letter & then ask for a Mandatory Review but I will not get any money until it is sorted  My DLA finishes on 12th December.  Some Christmas I will have.

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that @Annabelle26. An incredibly stressful thing to happen, especially before Christmas.

I know it's really hard not to worry about things like this - if it helps keep in mind that so many mandatory reviews and appeal are successful (65% in this article, back in March). We'll be here to support you in that process.

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello@Annabelle26 Please can I ask you who is supporting you in this.  I am so sorry what you are going through.  I do understand as many of our community have been through this.  So have I and I wish you the best in getting the right help and support.  I know it is hurting and feel your pain.  Hope and pray for you
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • janice_in_wonderland
    janice_in_wonderland Community member Posts: 265 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi 
    Sorry to read you're so upset but you've actually been fortunate to have been getting DLA until now as so many had theirs stopped long ago so you're not alone... 
    It can go on for months & if you move home it's even worse it could be well over a year 
    Reality check on benefits is harsh 
    I would suggest making sure you have a good support network & focus on what you have got bc suicide is what is would relieve the system from paying people 
    Try to focus on solutions & gratitude as this is the only way many are coping 
    I hope things go well but don't expect anything then it'll be a bonus 

• Annabelle26
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support & help. I have now sorted myself out.  I have emailed a complaint to Capita about the F2F Assessment.  I am going to follow it up with a more detailed letter.  I included the Assessors spelling mistake.  I walk with a normal GATE :D. Considering I have one leg longer than the other & my foot turns in I wonder what an abnormal gait is?  I have also rang the DWP back to tell them what I have done.  I asked if I could speak to the Decision Manager I spoke to earlier or  another Decision Manager & the call centre person at first wanted to know why & said she could deal with it.  I persisted & then her excuse was that the computers were down in some sections & they may not be able to help.  I insisted & she reluctantly put me through to a Decision Maker.  I told him what I had done.  He told me I could have done it over the phone.  I said no I would put everything in writing so they could not lie.  I asked him to note it on my record.  I also told him I would put in a Mandatory Review when I got my letter.  He told me I could do that over the phone with an Advisor when I get the letter.  I said no I prefer to do it in writing.  He asked me if he could do anything else  to help.  I asked him if he could restore my benefit, he said no.  I told him I would have a lousy christmas with no money & he apologised.  I asked how the the Review would take but he did not know.  He also advised me to get a Doctors Report.  I told him I would not get that before submitting the review as I hoped to send it off early next week.
    Thank you again for all your support.  All the upset has given me a splitting headache & I feel tired so I am off for a nap. :)

• Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    Options
    @ Annabelle26. Glad to see that you are feeling more pro active now. Don't let them grind you down. You are right to put everything in writing, don't forget to send it all recorded and to keep copies, and log every call you make or receive. 
    Good luck with this, I hope you get a good outcome, please keep us posted.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Annabelle26

Disability Rights (DR) site has a guide to making PIP mandatory reconsiderations (MR) and appeals.

PIP eligibility is about what you can and can't do.  State on your MR request how your condition meets PIP descriptors and where the assessor's report is inaccurate.  If you haven't already done so, send in a 7-day diary and list on it all the aids you use.  DR site has a draft diary.

Unfortunately, only 20% of MRs succeed but 65% of Tribunal appeals do.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @Annabelle26 WELL DONE YOU for turning your earlier upset into action and so quickly and for standing up to an advisor who clearly couldn't care less, they're probably fed up of people ringing accusing assessors of lying. We're behind you all the way to turning this around. Do the MR as if you're going to win it, forget statistics, they're other people's experiences not yours. Good Luck and keep posting..x

• Annabelle26
    Options
    Thank you everyone.  I have found the DR site & downloaded the book with the diary.  I have already made a note of what I have done since yesterday & every aid I have used so far.   I had a bad night & feel really exhausted.  I am really angry that the DWP can take the word of a young nurse who I met for 1/2 hour over experienced medical experts who have known me for a long time.  I am trying not to be ageist but I estimate the nurses age to be about late twenties maybe early thirties who I suspect had very little nursing experience.  Shame the Parliamentary consultation period on ESA/PIP has finished.  I realised I have to have a F2F Consultation on Tuesday for my ESA.  At present I am in the Support Group.  I wonder if they will notice my miraculous recovery & decide I can get a job. :):):)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.