Is PiP and ESA related — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is PiP and ESA related

jennie47
jennie47 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi need some advice please. 
I am in the the process of waiting for my "court appeal date" with ESA.
I was awarded PIP a year ago for two years, as i have peripheral neuropathy and PTSD. 
i have just received a letter o go for a reassessment with PIP, is this just coincidence,my head is mashed and not coping with stress this has put in my head. 

thanks for any replies x

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jennie47 - PIP and ESA are two separate benefits, awarded for separate reasons. As PIP is not means tested, one should not affect the other. Therefore, I'd be inclined to say that it's a coincidence. However, if you would like further clarity, you could try contacting the DWP for an update with the progress of your ESA appeal and also ask the question then. Scope has some more in-depth information about both PIP and ESA that you might also be interested in.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any further questions: it's completely understandable that you're feeling worried, and I'm sure other members of the community will also empathise and offer their support. Keep us updated!
  • jennie47
    jennie47 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thank you, i know my court date is early next year, as there is about a six month delay in the system. 
    thank you again will keep you updated x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.