kernowno1 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

kernowno1

kernowno1
kernowno1 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Pip you think  you  got it! Put  in my first chat last  week explained  after about  10 months  had  a really  good  result  at the  Appeal 1/11/17 phoned  and  spoke  to  someone  at Department  of  Pensions  they  said  they  received  papers  2//11/17 and  were  looking  to see anything  wrong  with Appeal  etc if not would  be about  4 weeks  to hear from  them  by the  forgot  to say  i phoned  today more  worry again.(blood  from  stone sounds  familiar) as usual  wait  and  see. 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh no, sorry to hear that you're still waiting, @kernowno1. Fingers crossed for a speedy turnaround and the outcome you're hoping for. Keep us updated!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It usually takes DWP 5-8 weeks to put a tribunal decision into payment.
    It is also becoming common for them to request a statement of reason from the judge. They can only appeal if an error of law can be found, which is unusuall

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • kernowno1
    Well after posting  my disappointment  on Monday  on the  Tuesday  afternoon  i had  a  call  from  a manager  of works and  pensions  i  was told  they  fully  accepted  tribunal  decision  and  would  be  getting , back  money  and  all the  rest sorted  out within  the next  few days, i thought  i would  wait  for everything to be sorted out then post it. Well  got written  confirmation  today  so waiting  for payment thanks  for all your help  it ment a lot kernowno1 
  • kernowno1
    Pip appeal checked  today  my  pip backdated  money  gone in my  bank account  so thanks  for  any  support and  don't  give  up  i almost  did several  times  it's  easy  to but keep  going 
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news @kernowno1! Thanks for letting us know, and glad everything's been sorted out for you!
  • nicola8803
    nicola8803 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    I didnt no that they ask for a reason from the judge if you win appeal omg they will try anything they have actually lied on my daughters pip assesment it makes me so mad i came out of work to look after my daughter myself who suffers with 3 different types of epilepsy so it would be better all round and cheaper as private care expensive but they gave her 0 points appeal soon but dont no what to expect as never been through this before
  • nicola8803
    Just wondering if you would know they took carers off me but still been looking after my daughter as she carnt be left alone do they have to backdate that also??
  • kernowno1
    Pip appeal  nicola8803 don't  know  about  the  carears side but i bet someone  will help  try the experts  on scope ,I'm  sure  someone  will  help  as for the tribunal i was scared  as i had  not been  in  a court before but  if you  have the  same experience  as me it should  be fine  good  luck  on the  day. PS same with  they  several  times but  explain  there  lies when  and  wherever you can 
  • nicola8803
    Thankyou kernowno1 i am pleased to hear people are winning there appeals it is a scary thing
  • Tracy1965
    Tracy1965 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    So pleased for you well done xx
  • kernowno1
    Pip appeals the first time  i posted was for 2 reasons i live on my on  and came home    and to get all of  the  tension  plus the  pleasure  of the result. Out of  system  but 2nd reason to give  hope to any  one who  might be just  going to face  a  panel hope it helped  thanks TRACY1965 to hear  from  you  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.