Mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration

bobtweenie
bobtweenie Community member Posts: 20 Connected
So it's been over a week since I sent off my letter and extra medical evidence to DWP disagreeing with the original decision of my pip stopping and asked them to look at it again . I sent it tracked and was wondering do they send an acknowledgement letter letting you know that they've got the info or do I have to spend hours on the phone chasing it ? I know they've received the papaerwork . 

Comments

• gh49
    gh49 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Hi bobtweenie in my experience I got no notification, I knew it had been signed for so I rang after a week to get acknowledgement verbally I was told it had just been loaded onto system, no one had looked at yet and was with a caseworker, I got my decision letter (changing absolutely nothing)!about a week after that. This is my experience I’m now between MR and waiting appeal date 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @bobtweenie

I recall that my mandatory reconsideration decision letter arrived about three or four weeks after I sent the request.  They didn't send an acknowledgement of receipt.  They deal with the requests in the order they receive them.
  • bobtweenie
    I might give them a call later . I am preparing already for going to tribunal even though I was told by a case worker on the phone it shouldn't come to that but it's probably all lies like the health professionals report . So I'm not gonna hold my breath for any easy miracles . 
  • gh49
    gh49 Community member Posts: 44 Connected
    Hi I too have sent in more evidence after the MR decision and hope, probably not going to make a difference ! that it won’t get that far, alas like you resigned to the fact that it will, keep us informed, good luck
  • bobtweenie
    It'll be interesting to see how a tribunal will see evidence from Brain Surgeons ENT surgeons Vascular Surgeons and for good measures 3 Eye surgeons . 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.