0 points after change of circumstance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

0 points after change of circumstance

panasonic61
panasonic61 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all I am asking for help, I was in receipt of pip getting 8 points on both scores I went for a change of circumstance meaning I have got worse now they have given me 0 points

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @panasonic61

A very very big welcome to you this evening.

I'm very sorry to hear about your current probs with pip.

Please please let me know if there is any help ????

Thanks.
  • panasonic61
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    edited December 2017
    Hi @Panasonic61,

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that. Are you asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration?
  • panasonic61
    Hi mike I had 8 points for both components, I put in a change of circumstance for both mobility and disability, I have to use crutches now which as impacted more on the mobility and caring, it took them 9weeks to reply and I got 0 points even though I had my award until 2020
  • panasonic61
    I have a rib broken in 4 places went through and broke a nerve I am in constant pain and the skin around the area is painfull to touch I have free ergs disease which means when I put my foot down I walk on my skeleton very painfull as I am walking I had a double ligament reconstruction when walking my ankle and half way up my leg swells causing pain this is why I needed the crutches. The rib mended disfigured, and is resting on my lung I was the only person in my doctors surgery to have an exemption certificate for a seat belt due to this injury because any stress on the injury make my breathing worse, these are the main injuries I also have many musculoskeletal problems and other problems I hope this explains it and yes I am not good at explaining things face to face 
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @panasonic61

Have you asked DWP for a copy of the assessor's report which, given their reputation, might be very inaccurate?  Disputing inaccuracies will help with your mandatory reconsideration (MR), and appeal if necessary.

Disability Rights site has a good guide to MRs and appeals.  65% of appeals succeed.  Many people who have had their points taken away after a new assessment have these points restored after a tribunal hearing.  So appallingly incompetent is the standard of most assessors (who also follow the DWP's agenda of refusing PIP to as many people as they can).

If possible, get face to face advice.  Scope Helpline might be able to tell you about advice organisations in your area.

You can also put specific questions to benefits experts in Ask a benefits advisor category on this site.
  • panasonic61
    Thanks for the help Matilda I will ask DWP and benefits advisors

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.