Hi, my name is SueDrury! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is SueDrury!

Options
SueDrury
SueDrury Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm feeling let down as they've taken £100 month off my PIP payment even though I'm now worse than when they first assessed me. Just don't know how they can do that!

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @SueDrury, welcome to the community. I'm so sorry to hear about your PIP. Have you managed to talk to anybody from the DWP?
  • bobtweenie
    bobtweenie Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Options
    Join the club . I've got a brain tumour which is benign and is located in the centre of the brain pressing down on crucial nerves and is encased around the carotid artery and optic nerve . It bled so is classed as a stroke embolitic bleed and this has left me with poor vision in left eye balance problems tiredness a weak face and left side weakness . My award was awarded at standard rate for mobility and care until 2018 but was stopped after a nurse performed my f2f at home . After spending years working in the public sector and having to give up teaching because this has affected my life the 300 a month was a lifeline to pay for all my hospital visits which amount to 14 times a year and a journey to Sheffield Neuro unit 4 times a year which is 200 miles away from my home . I can't drive I had to surrender my licence with the tumour as it's a liability . So with no entitlements to any benefits as my partner works and we still have children of school age is a disgrace . Dwp are in need of a shake up .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.