Copd — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Copd

wallywoo2
wallywoo2 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi my name is Sue and I have been living with diagnosed copd for almost 10 years. I had my first pip assessment a couple of weeks ago. Although I have other minor issues they were brought up and used in my assessment and not my copd. Did I fill the form out wrong? I’m sure my claim will be denied. What I’m asking is do I appeal, or redo another claim and stipulate even more that it is my copd that stops me doing things and not my arms and legs which work most of the time x

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wallywoo2, and welcome to the community.

How strange! I wouldn't think that you filled the form out wrong, but it couldn't hurt to appeal the decision first and see what the outcome is before you decide what to do next. This information on the appeals process may be helpful. Keep us updated and let us know if you have any further questions!
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Sue and welcome

Have you asked for/ got a copy of the asessment report ?

Until you get the decision letter there is not much you can do unless you have the report.

I fully understand how COPD can affect you, my own claim went through without problem, just a f2f but no medical evidence.  If need be you should definately appeal.

COPD is one of the conditons that  is more easily assessed by a f2f as it is often obvious the trouble that it causes where medical evidence can't do much to explain the problems.

Please let us know when you get the  report/decision letter and we will try and help

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • wallywoo2
    Thanks for your message, it’s the first time I’ve applied so didn’t know what to say. Still waiting for decision but will definitely let you know x
  • CockneyRebel
    Any help I can give I will, but I am recovering from a week in hospital because of COPD.so bear with me I am not back to speed as only came out last night

CR
  • wallywoo2
    I am happy to say that I got 12 points on my pip assessment on the mobility side. This has made what was going to be the end to a bad year a better one. Have applied for a staggered path to the house fingers crossed, even if it might take over 12months according to OT xx. Merry Christmas everyone x
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi Sue

Congrats on getting your mobility award. I hope you get your path sorted soon
    happy new year

CR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.