Hi, my name is sandyk! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is sandyk!

sandyk
sandyk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, depression/anxiety, under active thyroid and trigeminal neuralgia. I currently receive ESA and was on indefinite term DLA. Recently I completed the forms to be reassessed for PIP and following the face to face “awarded” 0 points.
Absolutely poleaxed me.
Asking for a reconsideration and will consider appeal but it all scares me so much!!
If I lose my PIP, which is due to stop at the end of this month, I will be forced to seek work but know I am not well enough to take the stress let alone the physical demands that would bring.
I am sure I am not alone in this situation but just thought I would share my experience with the community.
Take care everybody out there.

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi Sandy,

Welcome to the community. Sorry to hear what you've been going through. 

You are definitely not alone. Lots of people here have been through this process, and many are successful, I hope we can support you.
  • Annabelle26
    Annabelle26 Scope Member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    I know how you feel.  After being on DLA for years for various problems I had to apply for PIP.  I went for my F2F Assessment & a nurse decided there was nothing wrong with me.  The DWP have now decided I do not need PIP.  I am just in the process of preparing to submit the papers for a mandatory review.
  • bobtweenie
    bobtweenie Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Yeah definitely with you on this . My money has been stopped totally after my face 2 face . I've ripped the assessment report apart with the lies the nurse has stated and sent in more medical evidence to back me up . I'm at the mandatory reconsideration stage .  It's disgraceful .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.