Waiting times for pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting times for pip decision

Options
puretartan
puretartan Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all new here 
just wanted to ask what is the waiting times for pip decisions as had my assessment 
three weeks ago , 
I have a Freind in Newcastle that has been waiting nine weeks is this normal 
thank you 

Comments

• puretartan
    Options
    Yes it's no fun waiting on that brown envelope as I have said have a Freind in Newcastle that has now been waiting ten weeks next Monday ,, 
    she has phoned DWP to be told her case was with the dissision maker and that was two weeks ago ,she has a heart condition ,, makes you wonder what this government thiink about its sick disabled ,, 
    but I think we know the answer to that one , but as said hope you here soon , 
  • puretartan
    Options
    Thanks for that ,,, if that is the waiting time it's out of order 
    have been told to tell my Freind to get in touch with her mp to push it along 
    think that would be her best move as she just gets told its with the DM at DWP 

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @puretartan, and welcome! Hope the above responses help: the waiting times do appear to be very variable at the moment. Hope your friend gets the outcome they're hoping for!
  • fithemadhatter
    fithemadhatter Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    My report has been with the dm for 9 weeks now it's terrible how they treat people hope you hear soon

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.