Hi, my name is mscags59! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mscags59!

mscags59
mscags59 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Has anyone made a successful PIP application with Autism

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mscags59, and welcome to the community!

PIP applications aren't dependent on the diagnosis you have, but on the way your conditions affect your life. So in your case, it would be how autism affects your/somebody else's life that determines how many points you are awarded. 

Are you making an application at the moment? Let us know if you need any support or advice! 
  • mscags59
    mscags59 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi Pippa, Yes I understand that DWP have been instructed to officially turn down 80 per cent of applications. My son had got DLA and I have commenced Mandatory Reconsideration request for PIP and I will have to appeal. I have support from Autism Berkshire. but any advice will be gratefully received.
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for letting me know @mscags59, and sorry that you're having to go through the appeals process. Scope have some good guidance on how to make an appeal that you might find useful, and if you have any specific questions throughout the process, just let us know. Good to hear that you have support from an Autism charity too! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.