Pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision

fithemadhatter
fithemadhatter Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Please help i was diagnosed with a new medical condition and call the dwp to inform them this was the first week of July I was then told I need a f2f which I had in the middle of September the dwp got the report back and was giving to decision maker on the 2nd October it is now going into 8 weeks and nothing been calling each week and get told different things every time iam so unwell with stress and worry anyone else gone through this thank you 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome

Have you asked for a copy of the report ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • puretartan
    puretartan Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi have a Freind in Newcastle been waiting just under ten weeks now 
    so noticed your post have sent post asking pip decision times so not sure if there is a hold up or does it depend on the area you live in but it's not good to wait 
    and understand your feelings I feel the same hope we both hear soon 
    good luck 
  • fithemadhatter
    fithemadhatter Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi yes I got a copy of the report on the 5th of October. puretartan I hate not knowing and they way you are made to feel when you phone them I just wish I could get a straight forward answer hopefully soon we will both get a decision 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Generally the DM will agree with the assessment report recomendations

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi fithemadhatter,

As CR says the decision maker generally will adopt the recommendations of the healthcare professional, so if you look for all the ticks in the descriptor boxes and add up the points you will get a good idea of what the decision will probably be.
    Unfortunately waiting times will differ from office to office in terms of a decision being received by you but 8 weeks is generally as long as I would expect and anything more is unreasonable and should be complained about really. I hope you get the decision that you want.

Lee

The Benefits Training Co:

• puretartan
    puretartan Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thanks to all for there replies 
    received brown letter yesterday dated 17 Nov 
    good news for my wife was awarded enhanced on both 
    still don't understand why her Freind in Newcastle has been waiting going on 10 weeks ,,,, but thanks to all ,,, and good luck 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    That is great news puretartan.

fithemadhatterfithemadhatter, have you heard yet? As Lee says I would be thinking about complaining at this stage when you know the DWP have the report - there doesn't seem to be any good reason for the delay.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.