PIP problems help advice required please . — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP problems help advice required please .

cat1
cat1 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi
Not sure how to start ??
In 2013 I got pip for depression and anxiety ,also for arthritis in my collar bone.They reassessment was done ,I had no points awarded lol.i ended up going to tribunal and won !!! But I would have to reapply so only had it for about 6 MTHS after the tribunal.
Reapplied didn't get enough points went to tribunal court in September lost !
I was humiliation asked about stuff in my personal life that wasn't applicable to the present !!!
Still got only 6 points lol on standard and 4 for mobility!!!
I have complained and asked for another hearing nothing yet ??? But was advised to reapply for pip from the start !!
I  applied a fresh claim on 2nd October filled the form in lol,it only took me about 4wks to do it, due to pain and distress.

They confirmed they had got it  on 27th October,by text message.it says we may need you to have a consultation!!!
I am getting more and more upset about the pip.
How can I be awarded and my conditions are worse and have it taken off me as I haven't scored enough points ??

This is stressing me out so much that my self harming is happening again !
Please can I have some help with this ? 

Comments

• cat1
    Letter arrived today got my medical at home next week!
    Please can I have some help and advice ?
  • Markmywords
    Markmywords Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    Hello @cat1,

They really have given you the runaround.

I recommend that you do some preparation for the meeting. Start off with the table of PIP descriptors and accurately pick out the ones that describe your situation.

Make some notes using the same language that their descriptors use. Back this up with some background and history on why you match those descriptors. Have a copy of your notes that you can give to the assessor.

The DWP decision maker may or may not follow the assessor's records closely. If you have explained your situation and given your notes to the assessor then if the DWP will be in a weak position if they contradict it.

You might still have to go through the whole rigmarole of the Mandatory Reconsideration and then Tribunal. If so you can then point to your notes and show that they have contradicted you and broken their own procedures.

Remember that you can have the term of any award reviewed by a Tribunal as well as the award itself.
  • cat1
    It's basically to check that I do have enough evidence to get the 8 points for standard care.
    At the last tribunal in September I scored 6 on standard.i haven't had anyone to represent me at any time.
    But would like to be represented in some form or another.
  • eliza12345
    eliza12345 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I have been awarded 4points for pip 2 for dressing and 2 for eating with special adapted cutlery. I requested a mandatory reconsideration which still didn’t award anymore points. How on earth do they think I can cook a meal from sctratch when I can’t even eat or dress properly without aids.
  • cat1
    Hello @cat1,

They really have given you the runaround.

I recommend that you do some preparation for the meeting. Start off with the table of PIP descriptors and accurately pick out the ones that describe your situation.

Make some notes using the same language that their descriptors use. Back this up with some background and history on why you match those descriptors. Have a copy of your notes that you can give to the assessor.

The DWP decision maker may or may not follow the assessor's records closely. If you have explained your situation and given your notes to the assessor then if the DWP will be in a weak position if they contradict it.

You might still have to go through the whole rigmarole of the Mandatory Reconsideration and then Tribunal. If so you can then point to your notes and show that they have contradicted you and broken their own procedures.

Remember that you can have the term of any award reviewed by a Tribunal as well as the award itself.
    They most certainly have,yes they even went through the last tribunal when I had won.
    They asked very personal questions and really stressed me out and confused me.

• cat1
    I have been awarded 4points for pip 2 for dressing and 2 for eating with special adapted cutlery. I requested a mandatory reconsideration which still didn’t award anymore points. How on earth do they think I can cook a meal from sctratch when I can’t even eat or dress properly without aids.
    In the same situation lol.it makes me want to cry ,I don't want to be disabled .I definitely didn't pick to be this way.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi cat1,

All good advice from the above posters. You definitely need representation especially after the outcome of the last tribunal. You should check if your local council has a Welfare Rights team as more often than not they will represent your case at the hearing. You can also try CAB, although they will probably only give you advice and won't represent at the hearing. Have you provided medical evidence from your GP or anyone treating you for Depression?
    I understand that some of the questions can be personal but unfortunately that's the nature of the benefit and these questions need to be asked.
    Apart from that you can't do any more than answer their questions honestly and see what the decision is, but please make sure you fight it as you have done already if you are refused again because you need to fight for what you are entitled to. I wish you all the best.

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.