Hi, my name is karen — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is karen

karenyp
karenyp Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Good morning and hello to a very confused and angry at the system person

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @karenyp, and welcome! Sorry to hear that, would you like to tell us some more about your situation?
  • karenyp
    karenyp Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    i had a car crash 4 yrs ago 
    left me with a damage back limited feeling down my left side 
    chronic pain
    fimyraigra 
    since then it feels like a never ending battle with diff places 
    work eventually medically retired me 
    got awarded basic pip
    got awarded esa support group 
    have fought with blue badge team every yr still not got one been twice to ombudsman. 

then this last few months have been hell 
    both dwp and pip wanted a re look meeting thing 

dwp said no points your fit to work so go away ... awaiting re asses

pip said yes enchanced living and 10 points on mobility 

so now awaiting on blue badge fingers crossed 

but in the meantime was told to apply jobseeker 45 min phone call copy of pip sent and text saying looking into it then i called to chase to be told dwp haven’t closed so jobseeker couldn’t be looked at and it was my responsibility to shut it
    did that 
    then letter arrived to say no to job seeker 
    called them to be told i’ve not paid enough ni 
    but i’ve been in support group dwp and they have been paying my ni for the last 2 yrs .. plus i was self employed and i still pay by choice each yr my ni when doing my tax returns as i like my state pension in 20 yrs time if they don’t scrap that too. 

now im awaiting a call from the jobcentre man to advise him of jobseeker problem 

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not surprised you're feeling frustrated @karenyp, sounds like you've been going through a lot at the moment in terms of getting benefits sorted! Keep us updated and let us know how the call goes, and if there's anything we can advise you on, just say the word. We have some great benefits and employment advisors too, so if you do have any specific questions, just let us know.

Fingers crossed you'll have some answers soon!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.