Vestibular loss — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vestibular loss

Options
Patricia
Patricia Community member Posts: 12 Connected
edited November 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there everyone. I am new to trying to communicate on line. I was wondering if anyone else has recieved higher rate dla for this condition? It feels like disrimination to me that I can't access mobility aids because I have only been given lower rate. All that counts it seems is if your arms and legs work. I believe I should be entitled to higher rate. Why is this hidden but extremely debilitating disability ignored as it seems to me?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Patricia and welcome

There are many conditions that are hidden and not receiving the awards that people deserve

The first thing is to understand the points system, descriptors and the criterea for an award. A good starting place id the B&W self test.

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

There is of course loads of info on this site to read, so please have a look round and come back with any questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Patricia
    Options
    Thanks very much foŕ that. I will. What about a dentist? With all my symptoms it is very stressful to have toothache on top. Are there sensitive, skilled MGS doctors anywhere? I've had tooth problems all year, and again this weekend. I want a dental hospital thinking that their standards would be great? Please help, in pain
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Patricia, and welcome. Have you managed to find a dentist? If not, I'd be happy to have a look for you if you don't mind sharing where you're based at the moment?
  • Patricia
    Options
    Thanks Pippa. I'm in Camden. I have found a recommendation on a local neighbours site. Have booked in there for next week. I hate that I have to give them free reign of my mouth like a guinea pig and can only assess the skill once they've finished with me. How could one NOT be anxious?!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.