Just won ESA Tribunal, what next? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just won ESA Tribunal, what next?

Hi guys
After a long 6 month fight I finally won my tribunal and won 21 points when the assessor only gave me 6 this was in june.

On hearing the verdict I was given some documents of which 2 were identical with the updated points (21) and the reasons why, one of which was signed by the judge.

I was also told by the clerk he had emailed these documents to dwp just before they called me in for the verdict. So am I supposed to forward the signed one to dwp and keep one, bit confused or do nothing.

Also I claimed no other benefit for that 6 months, will they backdate me to the original decision they made in june, also they made me support group and told to leave me alone for 2 years, so will i get paid as support group for that period ? Presuming the cretins don't appeal the decision

tia
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hypnoticstate, and welcome! Great news to hear you won your tribunal.

Our benefits team are receiving a high volume of queries at the moment, but hopefully an advisor will be in touch soon with some more information for you. If there's anything we can help out with in the meantime, just let us know!
  • hypnoticstate
    hypnoticstate Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    ok thx for a quick response and this site helped me out so much, so thx again
    “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi hypnoticstate and welcome

The tribunal has effectively remade the original june decision and that is when your award will be backdated to.

It is a good idea to ring the dwp to make certain that they have recieved the desision from the clerk, they do have a habit of mislaying these.

It is possible that the DWP will ask for an SOR with a view to challenging the decision, but this seldom amounts to anything other than a delay

The DWP do take 5-8 weeks to put a claim into payment, but hopefully for you this will be sooner rather than later.

Although the tribunal have given you a 2 year breathing space the DWP can review any claim at any time, SG is usually a 3 year review

I hope that answers your Q's

Please come back if we can help further

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • hypnoticstate
    hypnoticstate Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thankyou.

Update, just received a letter telling me they have referred to a debt collection agency for the sum of 66.02 pounds for an outstanding budgeting loan, phoned them this morning 8.00 am, explained the situation, asked them to call the dogs off, but they were having none of it.

Seriously is this organisation for real?

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi hypnoticstate, The following gives you information about the recovery of a budgeting loan: https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits/repayments Do you have any ESA or any other benefits that they can deduct the money from? Try calling them again and hopefully you might get someone more helpful answering the next call.
    The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.