Help wanted please.... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help wanted please....

cslater
cslater Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, my name is Catherine and i work for the English Federation of Disability Sport we are a charity and our aim is to get disabled people active for life. by all means feel free to look at the work we do www.efds.co.uk  

I am working hard to try and get as many disabled people and their families to understand the importance of being active and healthy. As well as making families aware of the opportunities on offer to them at a local level. I also like speaking with organisations and individuals about the challenges that stops them being active. 

I would like to try and spread the word and the resources that have been produced with organisations and individuals that support and care for disabled people. If you have a passion or would like to contact me please post. Many thanks for your time. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hi @cslater

Welcome to our website and online community.

This looks very interesting indeed !!!!!!

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cslater welcome to the community
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    It sounds interesting @cslater..... What can folks do? What is there support with? 
  • cslater
    cslater Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hi, there are lots of activities on offer from low level entry to really sporty activities. It depends on what your interested, reasons for wanting to get activities and what would motivate you and where about's you live. If you felt more comfortable you can direct message me on cslater@efds.co.uk and I can give you the best contacts to help get you started or you can start by contacting your local County Sports Partnership and ask to speak to someone who leads on disability/inclusion. Below is a link to find out your county sports partnership. 

https://www.cspnetwork.org/your-csp

We also have lots of activities already highlighted on the EFDS activity search but please be warned this tends to be varied and you may want more social, fun and recreation activities i.e. zumba gold, aquarelax, walking, dance etc that information would be best ought through the County sports partnership. 

I hope this helps you get started. any questions just ask. 

Catherine 

Brightness