what happens after you received your papers from dwp going to tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

what happens after you received your papers from dwp going to tribunal

Options
missm
missm Community member Posts: 39 Connected
i am going to tribunal with my pip claim, sent my sscs1  received the pack from dwp awaiting tribunal date, why do you get a pack from dwp as i have copies of everything i have ever sent ?

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi missm

You receive the paperwork bundle to check that all of your evidence is included for the tribunal to assess. Many people also use the bundle to prepare thier submission to the tribunal as it makes it much easier to reference to page and paragraph the points that you want to make

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • missm
    Options
    so you take this all with you on the day of the tribunal then ?
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @missm

Yes, make sure you take the whole bundle with you on the day.  At my hearing the judge asked to look at my bundle to make sure that I had received all the papers.
  • missm
    Options
    is there any point that dwp change there mind before you attend the tribunal ?
  • Matilda
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @missm

Yes, it is possible (though I understand it only happens in a minority of cases) that the DWP can withdraw their objection to the appeal before the hearing, especially if you send in further strong supporting medical evidence.

You should send in further evidence direct to the Tribunals Service who will send copies to the DWP.
  • missm
    Options
    hi another quick question,  when do you get your Tribunal date. is it months before or just 2 weeks ?  tia
  • Matilda
    Options
    Two weeks. But you can phone tribunal clerk and ask how long a wait there'll be for a hearing date.
  • margaret35
    margaret35 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    I've been knocked back with MR and now have to appeal .where do I get form from to appeal ? 
  • Matilda
    Options
    To find out more about how to appeal, download the HM Courts and Tribunals Service's SSCS1 (Notice of appeal) against a decision of the department for Work and Pensions)’,which you should print out, fill in and then send to the appeals centre. Ensure that you fill out every section to avoid the appeal being rejected, and remember that you must include a copy of your mandatory reconsideration notice. The address to send it to can be found at the bottom of the form.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Username_removed Apologies Mike, I must have merged the question with the existing thread while you were constructing this post!  If you want your response merging too just let me know.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.