ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

lainey123
lainey123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
every benefits calculator i go on says i am entitled to more than i am getting. Currently on contributions based ESA @ £109.10 per week,the calculator says i am entitled to another £16.45! 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi lainey and welcome

What do the calculators say this amount is for ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lainey123
    lainey123 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    income related ESA
  • CockneyRebel
    Ah ok then you wil need to fill in an ESA 3 form which is just a financial check.,  When you receive an IR top up this entitles you to help with NHS services

CR
  • Stephe
    Stephe Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi I been on esa.
    I do have anxiety / depression and tinnitus. In both hands sometimes pain is awfull. Apart from my anxiety it's all to much on times. I'm on medication for a number of ailments,
    I had appointment for pip but didn't go as I felt anxious about facing a board of people.
    MY support worker called them told them the reason. That was bk
    In September
    Few weeks ago. I had call to ask why I didn't go. I told them why and would prefer to have home visit still waiting what should I do next
     Thankyou 
  • CockneyRebel
    Hi Stephe

It would be easier if you started your own  thread

Normally a home visit requires a very specific GP's letter stating that you cannot attend an assessment centre and the reasons why

An assessment is usually conducted by one person a nurse, paramedic or similar. Is it possible for you to take your support worker with you if you do have to attend ?

CR

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.