Need help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need help

leon1
leon1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i have got that meny problems mental health diabetes heart troubles im a single parent mysoon suffers from asthma and has got copd but ihave tryed everywhere toget himdiagnosed butno 1 will help mehe as beeen in trouble that much at school he isjust abot geting expelled im haveing probleems with my diabets my blood sugare are reaching 31 then droping to the point of i have a hypo i wouldrealy like some help as you see i cant spell properly

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Leon and welcome

It might be in your best interest to ring the Scope help line in the morning, who may be able to point you in the right direction

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leon1 welcome to the community, sorry to hear you are having a rough time.

What exactly would you like information and help with?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leon1

Welcome to our online community/website!!!!!!

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

Please please let me know if I can help you???

• mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate. Sounds like your son is so lucky to have you.

I wonder if you feel like I did a few years ago where EVERYTHING was just feeling wrong and overwhelming and I didn't know where to start. 

I can recommend the helpliine
    0808 800 3333

Its free. It's a bit busy but if you don't get through keep trying if you can. I called that time a few years ago and just garbled all my worries down the phone... They are absolutely lovely and helped me get things sorted. 

I'm a teacher so I'm bound to adk: have you been and had a good chat with your son's tutor or his head of year? There may be more support that could be put in place for him if he's finding things hard too. 

Do you have a diabetes nurse at your doctors? Might be good to have more sessions there. I have type 2 diabetes. And it's a nightmare. Like managing a crapcentral heating system... First it's too high  then too low... Nightmare! I've asked if I can go in more and they've adjusted medication etc and it's helped. I don't know, ypu know best, but might be good to get more help with blood sugar. 

How are eyou doing today? 

Brightness