DWP requesting a correction from appeal court — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP requesting a correction from appeal court

Options
jenson9
jenson9 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi. I am new to this, can someone help me, I recently won a pip appeal hearing and was awarded 22 points for mobility and the award was given indefinatly, now had a letter from the dwp saying they want a correction from the court and won’t pay me my benefit until they receive it.  What does this mean?  I’ve gone through so much stress and now this.  

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi jenson and welcome

Normally the course of action open to the DWP is to ask for a statement of reason from the judge to try and find an error in law with which to challenge the decision.

It is also unusual for a PIP award to be given indefinately, the normal maximum is an ongoing award when a review would be expected after 9 years.

Can you give any more details as to what this correction is in regard of ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jenson9
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi thanks for the reply, the letter from the DWP doesn’t say what clarification their asking for?  The court have put in their paperwork that the award should be for an indefinite time, as I appealed the 4 years I was given my original pip for as well as the motability component.  The letter doesn’t state that it’s a sor it says we are unable to pay you the benefit awarded until we receive the corrected decision.  
  • jenson9
    Options
    Hi  CockneyRebel as you have said the award is usually ongoing, I suspect it maybe clarification on the courts wording of indefinitely as that is on the letter I received from the court following the appeal.  
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I hope that is the case, please keep us informed

I am never suprised at the ways the DWP find to mess with us, they must advertise for sick, twisted B*****s just to p*** us off

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • jenson9
    Options
    Happy to keep you posted.  

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.