PIP assessment review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment review

Options
monramkel
monramkel Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Pip review assessment - my wife currently has an enhanced PIP [both elements] and is due for review. Her PIP is fixed term and was awarded on the back of a severe back injury causing her pain and disability. She has had a back operation but this has not got rid of the pain or disability the hospital is now saying that the pain and disability is now chronic because she has been in pain since 2009. They are treating her for chronic pain management. She has the necessary letters etc to prove this. How will this fair with a PIP review?

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @monramkel, and welcome!

It's difficult to predict what will happen, as many of our members will tell you, but I wish you all the best for your wife's upcoming PIP review. It's great that you have letters and evidence to hand, I'm sure they will come in helpful. Keep us updated and we'll do what we can to support you, regardless of the outcome. And if you have any specific questions beforehand, just let us know! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.