Fibromyalgia - need help with PIP form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia - need help with PIP form

shazbort63
shazbort63 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited December 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have recently been diagnosed with fibromalagia and soft tissue damage leading to rheumatism.Due to how this condition affects me day to day I have been told to claim pip.but I don't understand the form.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello shazbort and welcome

If you can, try and get assistance from CAB or similar with filling in your form

It is important to understand the points system, descripptors and criteria for and award. A good place to start is the B&W self test which may also help you understand the form a little better

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

Ther is lots of info on this site , please look round and come back with your questions

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shazbort63, and welcome! As CR says, your local Citizens Advice may be able to offer guidance, and the PIP self-test is also a great resource. Best of luck, and let us know if we can be of any further assistance!
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @shazbort63

It would be best if you could get face to face help from CAB or a similar organisation.  But Disability Rights (DR) site has a good guide to claiming PIP, and they have a draft diary that you can adapt.  Always advisable to submit a 7-day diary with your PIP application.  In the diary and on your PIP from list all the aids you use and make it clear that you have difficulty doing things even using aids.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.