My husband — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My husband

Kaz1957
Kaz1957 Community member Posts: 22 Courageous
My husband has depression and anxiety x also osteoporosis arthritis in both knees was refused pip where we had standard pip x now nothing we are prepared to go to a tribunal we are getting the relavant information from his doctor a long with x rays x but was wondering is it worth us even bothering as they have left us with barely any money to live on x I am his carer as I have to help him bath and I need to watch him as he is suicidal a long with the stress of being denied pip x 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi kaz and welcome

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report ?

The tribunal is independant and success rate is around 60% so it is definately woth appealing.
    As your husband has no award in payment there is nothing to stop you reapplying staright away which is also worth considering

please have a look at the info on this site and come back with your questions

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Kaz1957
    Yes thanks will go ahead x 
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Feeling suicidal is quite common when so many things go wrong and when we feel it is 'our' fault. I would suggest contacting your local Mental Health system via your GP. They aren't always able to provide the much needed service and support due to a lack of finance and staff but it is worth a try.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Kaz1957
    Yes I will thank you very much x

Brightness