Hi, my name is reverend_L! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is reverend_L!

Options
reverend_L
reverend_L Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, I am Lenny and I'm a few years from being 60 ! I am severely disabled, physically, but I am glad to say my sense of humor is a riot when it gets going ! I am supported valiantly by my beautiful wife who is my carer even though her health isn't great. Together we are Mr and Mrs Hobbalong !

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @reverend_L

It’s great to meet you this morning

Please have a good look around.

Please let me know if I can help you further?????
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @reverend_L

Welcome! It's great to have you here, and thanks for telling us all about you!

I hope you find the community useful and welcoming. Feel free to take a look at our recent discussions or find a group that sounds interesting. Any problems, just let us know!
  • reverend_L
    Options
    Thanks Alex, appreciate your welcome.
  • reverend_L
    Options
    steve51 said:
    Hi @reverend_L

It’s great to meet you this morning

Please have a good look around.

Please let me know if I can help you further?????
    Cheers Steve, appreciate your welcome.
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @reverend_L

No probs anytime !!!!!!
  • reverend_L
    Options
    @steve51, I have recently had a F2F assessment and it was a joke, bloody awful - and that is being polite ! I have been awarded the high rate for daily living and the standard rate for mobility which has resulted in my losing my mobility scooter, resulting in me being made housebound. I have been over to the relevant group but am unable to post there because I cannot see the 'new thread' or whatever its called ! I want to appeal the mobility award because the assessor has written a pack of lies. I was left in a state of shock after the assessor left(after 15 minutes !), I had been a nervous wreck up to the time of the 'assessment'. Add to this he didn't show us any ID or tell us what his qualifications were. Thanking you in advance @steve51
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @reverend_L

Many thanks !!!!!!

I’m so sorry to hear about your pip assessment  !!!!!

Have you appealed yet ???

Please please let me know if I can be off any help/support ????

Many thanks.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    First thing is to request a copy of the report
    Next is to request an MR within a month of the date of your decision letter

It is important to understand the points system, descriptors and the criteria for an award. A good starting place is the B&W self test

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • reverend_L
    Options
    @CockneyRebel, thanks dude, much appreciated. The assessor made up his own answers and I'm not making that up ! I have the high rate for daily living and standard rate for mobility. What annoys me is how many of us on DLA for life have to re-apply because the CONservative govt introduced PIP. I am surprised the govt have not had a class action taken out over this.
  • reverend_L
    Options
    I have just watched a most informative Scope video about the MR and feel a lot calmer about going forward with the MR process. Thank you all at Scope for doing what you do. To many of us you provide a caring and informative service.
  • steve51
    Options
    Hi @reverend_L

That’s great news I’m so pleased for you!!

Please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with??  

Thanks.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.